Thunder User/Role

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 11:05

Thunder User/Role

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2012 00:00

Developing with SBE is very cumbersumb if you want to test Thunder and online site since you can have only one user logged in at the moment. 

And if you are logged in in the backend the thunder error is not much descriptive.

How about a ThunderRole or User that would not count to the concurrent backend users.

A default role maybe that would not be able to do anything but give access to thunder.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello Markus,

Since Sitefinity 5.1, Thunder will no longer log out the currently logged user and you can use one account in both your browser and Sitefinity Thunder. We do not support this feature for remote sites for security reasons.

We will look into the error message and edit it if necessary.

I am sorry for the caused inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Marin Atanasov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Marin

Thanks for the feedback. Good to know that as of 5.1 users are not kicked out by Thunder (if I understood correct).

So on a SBE Site you can login as Admin in the backend while at the SAME time use thunder.

Markus

Hello Markus,

I would like to clarify that this feature is for local sites only. In other words, Thunder will still log out your current user if the Sitefinity project is hosted on a different machine.

All the best,
Marin Atanasov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Marin

Thanks for clearing this up. Which brings me back to my initial idea that thunder role would not count to concurrent users. So you could develop while a client would be working online.

But that's ok. 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2013 00:00

Still think a Thunder user would be nice.

Now I am developing another SBE and when ever testing. I need to get logged out again

Markus

Hi Markus,

You can create another user, which will be used only for Thunder purposes. This way you will not be logged out from Sitefinity backend. 

Regards,
Miroslava
Telerik

Miroslava

Even in a SBE as stated in my previous post?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

To summarize:

• for local testing login with same user account in both SF and Thunder since Sitefinity 5.1 is possible.
  • for remote login with same user in both SF and Thunder is not possible due to the fact that this will lead to a serious security leak and such feature at this time cannot be implemented.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2013 00:00

Dear Vassil

Thank's for your feedback.

One solution would be a default role Thunder that would not count for concurrent users and would not have access to any other stuff.

Just an idea.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

True, this will be really convenient, but for the moment is hard to achieve. Currently anyone can fake Thunder connection and by that to add additional user, so this requires some heavy security changes.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

This thread is closed