Additional fields to existing designer

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 10:50

Additional fields to existing designer

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Sep-2012 00:00

Maybe it is already mentioned somewhere, but it would be great if you could add more additional fields to an existing designer. Probably a difficult one, but it would be helpful!

Cheers,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello Daniel,

We have discussed adding such functionality but since the designer can and probably will be customized, inserting code into the file is not a good option. In cases where you haven't customized the designer, you can just generate a new one.

I would recommend adding additional properties manually. You could go to our documentation about Creating simple control designers. You can also use Thunder to help you add the additional properties by generating a new designer from which you can copy the logic for the new field(s). All you need to do is delete the designer attribute from the control, build the project, create a new designer somewhere, copy what you need from it and delete it. Then you can replace the parameter in the designer attribute to go back to using the old designer and build your project.

Please let me know if I can be of further help regarding this issue.

All the best,
Marin Atanasov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed