How to register MVC form in Backend

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:12

How to register MVC form in Backend

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Team,
I have created one MVC form under Areas, I want to register it in back-end so that only Admin can access it for Insert,Update and Delete. I am able to see this widget on front-end pages.

I am not finding way to do this, could you please help me out in resolving this issue.
Please find the attached image for the folder structure.

Regards,
Mateen
Synechron Technologies.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Mateen,

In order to achieve the desired result, you might need to create a custom filter and register in the Application_Start event of the Global.asax file.

Also you may have to place an attribute above a given action and in that attribute you will have to check whether the current view is the Frontend or the backend. After that you can implement some logic to forbid the execution of the action based on the view ( frontend or backend ). The following article may be useful to you:

msdn.microsoft.com/.../vs2010trainingcourse_aspnetmvcglobalanddynamicactionfilters.aspx

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed