Test Connection Failed.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 12:05

Test Connection Failed.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to configure connection settings for Thunder inside visual studio. Even after providing correct inputs when I try to test the connection, I get a message "Test Connection failed". Please check the attachment for reference.

No clue why this is happening. Any idea as to how do I go about finding the actual reason behind the failure?

Thanks,
Saumitra

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello Saumitra,

Please make sure that:
1. The account which you are trying to use has the administrator role.
2. If this is a new account which you have created to be used by Thunder, you will need to log in with it using the browser at least once before Thunder can use it.
3. If you are using forms authentication, the first test connection might say that it fails. The second one after that should be successful.

Please let me know if this helps.

All the best,
Marin Atanasov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2013 00:00

I have just set up my new Sitefinity 5,4 site, and are attempting to use Thunder for the first time.

I am using my account, which is an administrator level account, and I am using Claims Authentication, where I only have Anonymous Authentication enabled in the IIS 7.5 Authentication page.

Despite this, my test connection fails.

What else can I check to try to resolve this?

Or is there a way to get some type of meaningful error message, other than "Test Connection Failed"?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi,

Please make sure you have followed the steps into installing Thunder from our Documentation

All the best,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2013 00:00

Have done, multiple times. Have deleted, reformatted, reinstalled and re-established my website, but no matter WHAT I do, I cannot get the test connection to work.

Surly it can't be THIS hard to set up a bloody test connection!

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello,

We have answered you on the support ticket you have opened. You could share the solution with the community.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2013 00:00

Would be nice to know how to solve this, as I have the same connection failure issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi,

Please take a look at the following forum post where you will find useful information and a reply from
Lurch.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi telerik team.. 

Is there any way to connect sitefinity thunder using different domain/network url.?

while trying to connect using other network url it shows an error like Test connection failed, but its successfully  connects for same domain url.

because here im creating a sitefinity project in server machine, and i need to connect that project with thunder from other machine. Can any one please let me know how to do that ?

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi,

Make sure that there is no firewall or reverse proxy etc. that might be interfering with the connection. Also please note that Thunder works only under http, so if you are trying to access the server through https you will get problems with the connection.

Lastly please check the second section from the following blog post:

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/grisha-karanikolovs-blog/2014/08/19/sitefinity-thunder-why-you-need-it-how-to-install-and-set-it-up

2) When installing Thunder to a project, located on a remote server

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed