Template Backups

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:01

Template Backups

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2012 00:00

Can you put in a function on thunder to pull down the widget templates to zip file for backups?  Since we don't\won't have versioning for the foreseeable future?

I'd like to just periodically backup all the templates to TFS.

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello,

this is actually a Sitefinity problem. We can't put this in Thunder but we will send you some code that gets the job done. We will prepare the code and write back. Thanks for the feedback.

All the best,
Ivan Georgiev | Sitefin1ty
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2013 00:00

Nice!

Hey...is there (could there be) an EventHub event for before template save too?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Steve,

In the attached file you can find a sample page that creates a backup of the widget templates. To create a backup you have to change the user authentication to forms. On button click the widget templates will be saved in SitefinityWebApp\App_Data\Sitefinity\WidgetTemplatesBackup\WidgetTemplates-[date] folder. If you select the checkbox on the page, a zip file will be created (not a folder).

I hope you will find this useful.

There is no EventHub event for before template save. I have logged this into PITS, you can track it here:
www.telerik.com/.../pits.aspx

All the best,
Nadezhda Petrova
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2013 00:00

Just a quick follow up - I forgot to tell you that you also have to be logged in to make page works. Or to handle if an user is not authenticated.

Kind regards,
Nadezhda Petrova
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2013 00:00

Thanks for this, what part relies on forms? ...because that's really not an option on live, to swap it over, run this, then swap it back...is it the authentication?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Steve,

I sent you the code to work only for forms because it is more simple. Now I changed it to work for forms and claims authentication.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

All the best,
Nadezhda Petrova
the Telerik team

This thread is closed