Dynamic Module Selector in Widget Designer

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:11

Dynamic Module Selector in Widget Designer

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2013 00:00

www.sitefinity.com/.../creating-dynamic-module-selectors

Is this option obselete? I don't see any field called ModuleItemId.. If this option is obselete how do I get this functionality? Do I create a DynamicContentSelector in another project and then use it in the designer?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Khai,

widget designer is used to set the properties of the widget. You do not see ModuleItemId as an available option because the widget which you selected in the previous step does not have a public property with the name ModuleItemId.

You can create a dynamic module item selector by following these steps.
1. If possible, please wait until Sitefinity Thunder version 1.2.3.0 is officially released. It should be out by the end of the week. There are some issues with this selector in the latest version of Sitefinity.
2. If your widget already has a designer, remove the ControlDesigner attribute from the widget's class.
3. Create a public Guid property in your widget. Guid properties are used when creating selectors in order to store the selected item's id. Example:

public Guid SelectedItemId get; set;
4. Build your project.
5. Create a designer for the widget. You will now see the new property in the list.

Please let me know if I can be of further help.

All the best,
Marin Atanasov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2013 00:00

Ah I see, I missed that part :) Thanks a lot! I've tested it out and it indeed doesn't work well yet with the latest version, I'll wait for the new version of Thunder. 

This thread is closed