Designers in 5.4

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2013 00:00

The resource links in a new designer (generated by thunder) look like this

<sitefinity:ResourceLinks ID="resourcesLinks" runat="server">
    <sitefinity:ResourceFile Name="Styles/Ajax.css" />
    <sitefinity:ResourceFile Name="Styles/jQuery/jquery.ui.core.css" />
    <sitefinity:ResourceFile Name="Styles/jQuery/jquery.ui.dialog.css" />
    <sitefinity:ResourceFile Name="Styles/jQuery/jquery.ui.theme.sitefinity.css" />
</sitefinity:ResourceLinks>

Now I'm getting a ton of error log errors looking for these files, usually under the themes folder...related?  Are these relative or pulled from from the resources assembly?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2013 00:00

Hey Steve,

Actually this problem exists in Sitefinity, thunder just inherits the bug. If you go to backend page edit the files 404 as well. (turn stylesheet combining off for a minute and you'll see it)

Had a support ticket open this week and quote
"You are correct. I have been testing it more and the files that are 404ing are found in the Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources by default. I will pass this along to the QAs so they can investigate it further and log it as a bug."

So for the time being, they won't be pulled from the resources but we need to manually include them in the styles folder.

Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2013 00:00

I was not able to find these in the SDK anywhere.  Did you extract them with JustDecompile?

Edit:  That went faster than I thought.  I went ahead and extracted them for now and that does take care of the 404's.

Glad I found this post, I was about to pull my hair out trying to determine what I changed in my template....which was nothing ;P

Hi,

You can also load them from the Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.dll

<sf:ResourceFile Name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Themes.Default.Styles.jQuery.jquery.ui.core.css"  Static="True"/>

<sf:ResourceFile Name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Themes.Default.Styles.jQuery.jquery.ui.dialog.css" Static="True"/>

<sf:ResourceFile Name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Themes.Default.Styles.jQuery.jquery.ui.theme.sitefinity.css"  Static="True"/>

We have identified and resolved the issue causing this problem in the backend.

Greetings,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

@Atanas,

What about ajax.css? 
It's not a 404 on any of the default widget/page editing, but Steve's right that it gets included when creating a new designer. Should it be Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Themes.Default.Styles.Ajax.css?

Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello,

Yes, this is the path to the file. 

Kind regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2013 00:00

We are getting the same errors in our error logs after upgrading to 5.4.  Is there a fix or do we have to add the code posted by Atanas?

If so, where do you add that code?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi,

If you are getting the error from your theme, you can add the attached files to the appropriate folder and it will resolve the error. 

All the best,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi All,

Atanas, so how exactly does one load them from the Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.dll?
Where do we place the sample code you provided here?

(Attach: screenshot of the "files not found" in Chrome's Console.)

Thanks,
Gregory

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello,

The provided code can be used on the master page.

Greetings,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2014 00:00

Atanas, we are upgrading a client that is on 5.2 and we need to go to 5.4 first.  After upgrading, we are getting this:

ResourceName property of the ResourceLinks has specified a resource with an invalid extension. Allowed extensions are: .css, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png and .js

Is this the same issue and if so, where can I get the code to drop in the template?  I didn't see it attached.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2014 00:00

having this exact issue myself.  has there been a resolution?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi,

I am attaching the archive again. If you are upgrading, please, upgrade to the latest version where the issue is no longer present.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

This thread is closed