Field control

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:54

Field control

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi there,

I've gone through and followed the tutorial for creating a field control via thunder.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDHY-UBhBrw
I've gone in and modified the default 'textbox' field that is generated through thunder to a 'dropdownlist'. I've modified all the references in all the files just like the demo does. All renders fine. However, when I save the content item, the value that is selected in the dropdownlist appears to update all other content items as well (not just the current one).

Example: I have two content items A and B. I go in to edit item A and select 'Bob' from my dropdownlist and save. I go into edit item B and 'Bob' is selected in my dropdownlist. I change it so that 'Fred' is selected and save. I go back into item A and 'Fred' is selected (not 'Bob').

Is there something further that needs to be modified in the javascript file to prevent this 'bulk' update of content items from happening? Is something else perhaps mis-configured somewhere?
To note, a jquery error is also issued on the 'save'...

Timestamp: 3/17/2013 11:51:44 AM
Error: NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE: Component is not available
Source File: localhost/.../ScriptResource.axd
Line: 2

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2013 00:00

I managed to get this working eventually -- in the end switched over to use the telerik RadCombo control instead of the standard asp dropdownlist. (not sure if that was necessary though). Also had to fudge around with the .js code to have things selected properly...

This thread is closed