'Connection Failed' regardless of what I do.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:03

'Connection Failed' regardless of what I do.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello, 

I am having an extremely tough time getting something so seemingly simple to work. I have Visual Studio 2010, and am using the latest version of Thunder.

I have a remote website, which for this instance we'll call "site.com" which obviously runs Sitefinity. 

I installed Sitefinity Thunder for Visual Studio, and then I downloaded the project via FTP (so it's locally on my machine) and installed the Thunder module to the project via the Visual Studio 'Telerik' menu -> 'Install Sitefinity Thunder Module' which seemed to work as it should. I then re-uploaded the project via FTP (after backing up the old files on the server) and am unable to connect at ALL via Thunder. 

I've disabled Firewalls both locally, and on my VPS to no avail. I've tried several different administrative users, with no luck. When I try working with the project locally, HTTP is appended to my URL in Thunder Connections so that doesn't work either. I am at a loss, and any and all information I have researched on my own accord has been irrelevant or the issue was never properly fixed and people just gave up. 

Is there anywhere that I can look to find some sort of logs either locally or on the server side that would be helpful in troubleshooting this issue? I am ready to pull my hair out with this one. 

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2013 00:00

Bump in hopes of a timely answer!

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello Steve,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you' ve experienced.

Can you please let us know if you have managed to connect successfully to that project when it's run locally from your machine? Also if possible can you please elaborate on "When I try working with the project locally, HTTP is appended to my URL in Thunder Connections so that doesn't work either" - in general the project should be running under http:// if you have it setup on your local IIS, so please do not hesitate to let us know if there's some additional information which we need to be aware of.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2015 00:00

Any resolution on this as I cannot connect no matter what I do.  I created a site using the SiteFinity Project Manager.  

Configured my site in IIS.  I access my site using IIS and not the virtual site.  I have no issues with this at all, everything works great.

From SiteFinity Project Manager I select Edit in Visual Studio, this creates the solution fine.

I then installed the Thunder module to the project via the Visual Studio 'Telerik' menu -> 'Install Sitefinity Thunder Module' which seemed to work as it should.... Should be installed to the root folder?

I try to add my connection to my IIS SiteFinity site that is active and live then test the connection and I get Test Connection Failed.  I believe I have followed everything in the documentation.  What am I missing here?

See attached.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2015 00:00

I figured this out.... it was something simple.  I created my test site http://scottsitefinity/.  

When adding my connection in SiteFinity Thunder I added my URL as scottsitefinity/Sitefinity

This is incorrect as the instructions specifically say to enter the root site url which I did not do.  So my test site connection URL should be: http://scottsitefinity

My mistake but at least I caught it.  Hope this helps someone else. 

This thread is closed