Thunder 1.2.6.0 crashes VS2010

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:52

Thunder 1.2.6.0 crashes VS2010

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2013 00:00

After accepting today's upgrade, VS2010 will not run with Thunder installed.  I need to roll back! How can I do so?

The following error appears on the SF Explorer pane.
An exception was encountered while constructing the content of this frame.  This information is also logged by running the application with the /log parameter on the command line, which stores results in "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ActivityLog.xml".
Exception details:
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)
File name: 'System, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes'
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Thunder.Core.Connection.Rest.EverliveConnectionProvider..ctor()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Thunder.ThunderPackage.CreateService(IServiceContainer container, Type serviceType)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.GetService(Type serviceType)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.System.IServiceProvider.GetService(Type serviceType)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Thunder.Core.Services.ServiceFactory.GetServiceFrom[S,T]()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Thunder.Core.Services.ServiceFactory.GetService[T]()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Thunder.Abstractions.ViewController.InitializeSitefinityConnector(SitefinityConnector control)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Thunder.UI.SitefinityConnectorWindowPane.OnToolWindowCreated()
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.CreateToolWindow(Type toolWindowType, Int32 id, ProvideToolWindowAttribute tool)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.FindToolWindow(Type toolWindowType, Int32 id, Boolean create, ProvideToolWindowAttribute tool)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsToolWindowFactory.CreateToolWindow(Guid& toolWindowType, UInt32 id)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Platform.WindowManagement.WindowFrame.ConstructContent()
WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello Amy,

This error is caused by Everlive's portable class library which we use.

To fix the error, you will need to install an update for .NET which is automatically installed when you upgrade your Visual Studio 2010 to SP1. You can also install the update manually without Installing VS2010 SP1.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,
Marin Atanasov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2013 00:00

Thank you so much Marin! It worked perfectly!

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2013 00:00

Thank you so much Marin! It worked perfectly!

This thread is closed