Make Thunder more development vs production files aware...

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 11:33

Make Thunder more development vs production files aware...

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi,

I wonder if it would be possible to make Thunder more aware of development/production version of files, where source files are often .less or .css and on upload you simply need the .min.css to be published.

As more and more features of the VisualStudio WebEssentials extension make it into the core product I wonder if it would be possible for Thunder to pick up on these automatically minified files. The WebEssentials extension allows for automatic creation of .min files on save (whether it's css, js or less). However Thunder doesn't pick up on those minified files.

I use .less for theme creation and automatically let it create a .min.css file for my theme. While the .min.css is physically present in the folder and is part of the .proj file .

Thunder doesn't recognize it when uploading a theme and thus I end up with a /Global folder just containing my .less file, forcing me to manually upload it to the server or do a complete publish in order to get it to work.

---

Thunder also ignores any 'build' properties on files.
Say for some reason I have a layout.css and layout.min.css in the same folder (as seperate files).

If I mark the layout.css as 'none' instead of 'content' then a VisualStudio publish will exclude the file from being published. Thunder however blindly uploads both files, causing me again to dive into the server's folder structure to remove the development version of the css file ...

Thanks in advance,
Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Jochem,

Thank you for using Thunder and for making these suggestions! I will share them with our Thunder development team and discuss what can be done. Then I will log one or more feature requests to the team.

Regards,
Miroslava
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Sep-2013 00:00

Hey Miroslava,

Don't be silly - thank you for making Thunder!
It makes SF development so much more enjoyable and easier - don't want to think back to the days we've not had this. Truly shows Georgi's qualities and determination getting this one of the ground.

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Jochem,

It's very kind of you to mention me - thank you for that. But, I'd say it's not me. Thunder is truly a team effort. The guys here are amazing, and it's all on them for making it good and helpful.

I will pass the greetings to them.

Thanks for taking the time to explain the use cases. We'll try to address them in the best possible way.

Regards,
Georgi
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed