Version 1.2.8.1 not working with 6.1.4700

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 08:38

Version 1.2.8.1 not working with 6.1.4700

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Sep-2013 00:00

Me or is it thunder not beeing updated to work with the latest service pack.

Markus

Hi Markus,

We are currently preparing a new version of Thunder that adds support for the 6.1 SP2. When a new Sitefinity version is released, we need at least one day to launch a new Thunder version, do some testing and make sure that everything is working as expected. 

Regards,
Ivan Georgiev | Sitefin1ty
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Ivan

So basically you are not able to do that testing before and need a live version? 

Which translates to - Sorry guy but you can not work with thunder for 1-2 days. 

Kind of reminds me of a page I once created: www.marktold.com/.../

I will call my mother :-)

Markus

Hey Ivan,

How about a new release workflow?

Code-freeze week start > send out language files for updates.
Code-freeze week end > incorporate new language files.
Start the build.
Release internally.
Test  & update Thunder, desktop app & language packs.
Release everything publicly.

While it's fully understandable you guys need a day or two to test and update, it always feels like Christmas morning opening your presents and then having to wait a day for the stores to open so you can buy the batteries...

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello,

I am really sorry for this inconvenience but we are dependent of the release of Sitefinity when adding support for the new CMS version. We can't prepare a new build for Thunder until we are given a green light.

Regards,
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello,

The new Thunder version with support for Sitefinity 6.1 SP2 is online. 

Regards,
Telerik

Dear Ivan

Thank's a lot for the quick update. 

Markus

This thread is closed