Updates Not Persisting from Thunder

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:49

Updates Not Persisting from Thunder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2013 00:00

Make sure the debug environment server has to be same server as the Thunder .
localhost:<somport>  - if you are using internal visual studio development server. http://<somelocalurl>  - if you are using IIS. 
Changes weren't updating so it was really annoying. I thought there were some caching issues.

Turn off caching during development

Turn off output cashing in Administration/Settings/Advanced/System/Output...Caching.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Jaime,

Thank you for using Thunder!

Would you please give us more detailed steps to reproduce the problem? It would be great if you can record a short video and send it to us, so we can investigate this issue. 

Regards,
Miroslava
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2013 00:00

I figured it out if you read the post carefully. But, if you want to reproduce it follow the steps below. 

1. Within project properties set Use Visual Studio Development Server 
2. Set custom host file name ex spwebsite                        127.0.0.1
3. Connect to Sitefinity Thunder via http://spwebsite
4. Update a Widget Template from within Visual Studio (changes aren't reflected). 

The problem seems to be that when the servers are different the updates don't persist.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2013 00:00

This is happening to me aswell.  The development application and iis website are on the same box (database is on a different box) and widget templates specifically are flakey (everything else persists).

- Open a widget template (using thunder in VS2010/12/13)
- Edit it
- Save it
- Close it
- Changes are not persisted and the old version is still there

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi Jaime,

I just tested the behavior you are describing and failed to reproduce it. Please view this video for further clarification. I would suggest you open a support ticket and seek further resolution from our support team.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed