Widget Templates backup by thunder

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 06:23

Widget Templates backup by thunder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Sep-2013 00:00

I just added a field to one of my modules and got asked the question if I want to update the module.

Knowing that it would recreate the basic template I clicked yes. Never thought about that it would also reset my copied custom widget :-(

Fortunalely this was no big deal I could recode it in 5 min.

However since working with thunder I don't think I have a local copie of that

a) I would like the updating only to update the widget templates that Sitefinity created
b) if this is not possible some sort of backup system. Imagine you worked 3 hours on a template and someone else adds a field and messes up your design. You notice one day later after 30 pages have been change. 

What then?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you for contacting Sitefinity support.

I am sorry to hear that you have had trouble with Sitefinity.

a) Updating all widgets, including custom, is implemented by design in Sitefinity.
b) I have reported backing up templates as feature request to Thunder team, who would discuss it's implementation and decide if it is possible.

In case you have any other concerns I would be glad to assist you. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Vasya Stankova
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed