Can't connect to Sitefinity through VS2010

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:29

Can't connect to Sitefinity through VS2010

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2013 00:00

I am trying to connect to Sitefinity through Visual Studio 2010 using Thunder and am not having success at all.  I have our site set up and we are set up through IIS on our webserver.  I can hit the site through our links no prob log in and everything.  But when connecting through VS2010 no luck.  Any help would be awesome!!!

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Manuel,

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with Thunder.

Would you please provide us with more details regarding the problem? What is your Thunder version? What version of Sitefinity do you try to connect?  Do you reproduce the issue with Visual Studio 2012? Is there any error message displayed? Is your Thunder module updated?

Thank you in advance for provided information on this issue.

Regards,
Miroslava
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2013 00:00

In the past I have found that if you have a ampersand in your password it will not work.
You can log in via the website with such a password but not Thunder or Lightening (DAM)

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Darrin,

I tried to reproduce the issue locally but to no avail, it all seems to work fine.
Connecting to Sitefinity from both Thunder and Sitefinity Desktop Application (previously known as Lightning) using smith&wesson for both username and password was successful.

To move forward can you tell me what is the thunder version currently used?
What is the version of Sitefinity do you try to connect? If there is an error message generated by thunder as a result of the usage of any operation please make sure to update thunder to the latest version from Tools->Extensions and Updates->Visual studio gallery (inside visual studio).

This way we would be able to further investigate the behavior your experience.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Ivaylo Angelov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2013 00:00

Just getting Test connection failed.  It was working yesterday.  Im on Sitefinity 6.2.4910.0.  SDK 6.2.  I updated my sitefinity Thunder module.  Not sure what else is going on.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Manuel,

Are you running an empty 6.2 project or you are using some of the SDK samples? What is the exact version of Thunder (you can check this in VS > Tools > Extension manager)? Are you able to access the backend of your site with the same user you are using for the connection string? Have you changed the password of the user?

Any additional information or error details would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Petya
Telerik

This thread is closed