Can we Deploy the Published Website code using Sitefinity Th

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:51

Can we Deploy the Published Website code using Sitefinity Thunder on Windows Azure?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi,

Scenario:

I have a Sitefinity project that I published for local File System using Visual Studio.

Now I open the published code in Visual Studio 2013 as a Website.  Now I am trying to deploy this code on Windows Azure Cloud Service.

But I don't get the Option [Deploy Sitefinity to Windows Azure] like I get the option in Unpublished code (Sitefinity Project) when I right click the project.

Please let me know how could I deploy the published code to Windows Azure Cloud Service. I had deployed the unpublished code successfully using Thunder Deployment for Azure.

If I try to deploy the published or unpublished code using Visual Studio's conventional Publish tool, I get Invalid website publish settings file to import publish profile error. But same publishSettings file works correctly with Sitefinity Thunder Deployment in unpublished code(Web Project).

**Edit:**

Following is the publishSetting file text which I downloaded form Windows Azure (removed the key or other credentials):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <PublishData>
      <PublishProfile
        PublishMethod="AzureServiceManagementAPI"
        Url="management.core.windows.net"
        ManagementCertificate="****Encrypted KEY****==">
      <Subscription
        Id="XXXXX-194f-XX-8XX-XX"
        Name="Test Azure Account" />
     < /PublishProfile>
    </PublishData> 

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2014 00:00

Can somebody reply asap to this as we really need to solve this?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi Amit,

We have detailed documentation about deploying a project to Azure using Sitefinity Thunder. Please check the following link where you can find all the necessary information:

Sitefinity Azure configuration and deployment

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed