Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2014 00:00

Any date for the update so thunder will support 7.0

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2014 00:00

I am also looking for this.

Hi,

Thunder v.1.3.3.0 is already online.

New features: Added support for Sitefinity 7.0. Added support for Sitefinity Thunder to use Windows Azure SDK 2.2
Fixes: Kendo DateTime picker doesn't show correctly in our Custom Module generated with Thunder (bug report).

Regards,
Ivan Georgiev | Sitefin1ty
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Ivan

Thanks for the quick release. 

Markus

PS: Have a great weekend

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2014 00:00

i am still unable to install thunder module in my sitefinity 7 project. please refer the attached image.

Regards,

Chaitanya

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello,

You can go to this folder location (C:\Users\chaitanyaga\AppData\Roaming\Telerik\SitefinityThunder\ModuleCache\1.3.4.0\Telerik.Sitefinity.Thunder7.0.5100.0.zip ) and then delete the thunder zip file. It seems that your zip file is corrupted. Then try to install the Thunder module again.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2014 00:00

I have already tried that. Each time I get the same error. I deleted the file, re-installed Thunder, but no luck

Regards,

Chaitanya

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello,

Please try to reinstall Sitefinity Thunder from Visual Studio following the steps below:

1. Open your project of Visual Studio
2. Uninstalled Sitefinity Thunder extension from Tools -> Extensions and Updates -> Visual Studio Gallery tab on the left -> search for Telerik Sitefinity Thunder -> Uninstall.
3. Restart Visual Studio
4. Install Sitefinity Thunder from Tools -> Extensions and Updates
5. Restart Visual Studio
6. Thunder extension should be successfully installed and you will be able to use it.

Then can you please delete the thunder zip file and finally try to install the Thunder module again from Visual Studio -> Telerik -> Sitefinity Thunder -> Install Sitefinity Thunder Module.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2014 00:00

Still facing the issue.

I thought it might be error with thunder and Sitefinity 7, so i tried to install thunder module in Sitefinity 6.1 and 6.2 also. zip files got created for each versions but all the files are corrupted.

Regards,

Chaitanya

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello Chaitanya,

Could this be caused by the compression utility - can you try on another environment to unzip the file or install a different one? If this was caused by Thunder Extension, we would have reports for it and as there are none, I strongly believe this is caused by the tool you are using.

Another possible explanation for this issue could be an antivirus software or other third party tool that for some reason modifies zip files generated by thunder.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello Vassil,

Windows by default supports zip extension, so I did not have anything installed for compression utility. and I just checked installing thunder after deleting previous zip and disabling the antivirus software. Still the error is there. can you just provide the zip file here for thunder,

Regards,

Chaitanya.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi Chaitanya,

What is your current Sitefinity and Sitefinity Thunder version? 

I would recommend you to delete that zip files and get the latest Sitefinity Thunder form the following link (it support 7.1 and the previous versions also) and follow that documentation in order to install in on your project.

There is no need to unzip that files at all. They are downloaded and used by Thunder itself.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Hi Svetoslav,

I have been doing exactly as told in the documentation, I am using latest Thunder(1.3.4.0), Sitefinity version is 7.0.5100.0 and Visual Studio Ultimate 2012. Please tell if there's any solution.

Regards,

Chaitanya.

Hi Chaitanya,

I would recommend you to open a support ticket in order to inspect your project. 

Once the issue is solved you can share the solution with the community.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

This thread is closed