Cannot connect to Website from Sitefinity Thunder

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:46

Cannot connect to Website from Sitefinity Thunder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2014 00:00

I am running a Sitefinity 6.3 website on a third-party hosted server, attempting to connect with Sitefinity Thunder through Visual Studio 2013.

When I attempt to add a connection to my Sitefinity website, I enter the information correctly but it does not connect.

I am not trying to connect to a local Sitefinity build solution, but one on my existing website server.  Guidance?

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Brandon,

Thank you for contacting us.

When the Sitefinity Thunder module is installed:

• Telerik.Sitefinity.Thunder.*.dlls are copied to the project bin folder
  • ThunderService.svc is installed to Sitefinity services folder (~\Sitefinity\Public\Services\Thunder and
    ~\Sitefinity\Services\Thunder)
When Test Connection button is clicked:
  • Check that the Thunder Module is installed
  • Test the credentials you provided for this connection
When the Connections settings are saved:
  • Save the connection settings in the Thunder configuration (it is under %appdata%\Telerik\SitefinityThunderConfiguration.xml)
  • If 'This connection is active' checkbox is checked, Test connection is called (the same logic that is under Test Connection button)

Could you please try the solution provided in the forum thread and inform us if the problem still persist?
www.sitefinity.com/.../thunder-connections-fail!

If the problem still persist could you please send us your SecurityConfig.config file? We would like to check whether the cookie has invalid characters.

Thank you kindly in advance for your cooperation. 

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Brandon

As dumb as it sound. Make sure you are not logged in with the same credentials on a browser :-)

Markus

Hello,

Thank you for reminding this Marcus.

It is good practice to create a separate admin user for Sitefinity Thunder to use.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Vassil

www.sitefinity.com/.../thunder-role-and-user-(not-concurrent-user)

I wish there was such a thing as a thunder role. If you work with an standard edition it's no problem but if you have an SB then you have to log out every time, and that's an hassle.

Markus

PS: Funny story. I created once a user for DAM as well. First name: Digital, last name: Asset Management and used this for digital asset management. When I published something it would show as author Digital Asset Managment. I first thought it was a bug that everything from DAM would be published as Digital Asset Managment. Lucky before sending the ticket and embarrass me once more I found out what I did wrong :-)

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2015 00:00

I think I have the same problem ... I did create another admin user (good idea to do so anyway) and called it dev1 (and a nice password) ... using that to connect via VS 2013 but it fails also.  in the url I have an IP address as in http colon slash slash ip address and then slash again.  user name is dev1, password is set ... click on test connection and it fails.  Something I am missing?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi Ralph,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues connecting Thunder to your project.

Can you please try to disable the proxy and turn off your firewall since that might be blocking the connection?

Another possible reason for the issue might be if you are trying to access the server through https://. If this is the case, please note that Thunder works only under http.

Can you please also checkout the following blog post and in particular please refer to the last section of the blog post for more details on how to connect Thunder to your website. 

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

This thread is closed