install thunder module fail on vs 2013 win 8 64bit

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:33

install thunder module fail on vs 2013 win 8 64bit

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2014 00:00

please help

i got issue when try to install thunder module on my window 8 64 bit with VS 2013 and login as admin..

any help will be appreciated

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi,

Please try downloading Thunder again under the Extensions and Updates section under tools menu of Visual Studio.

Regards,
Seth Cleaver
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2015 00:00

I installed Thunder through Tools/Extensions and Updates, but when VS restarted, I get the error "The 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Thunder.ThunderPackage, Telerik.Sitefinity.Thunder, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=...' package did not load correctly."I tried unistalling,redownloading and reinstalling, with the same result. How do I fix this?I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Visual Studio Professional 2013.I installed the last version of sitefinity thunder and it still doesn't work.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello Marco,

Can you please let me know if the error message you are getting is the following one as shown in the screenshot.

If yes, the reason for this issue might be related to VS extensions caching. Can you please open the opened the Visual Studio extensions folder located under: 

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\YourVSVersion(e.g. 11.0)\Extensions

Please check if there are more than one folders with random names (screenshot) containing Sitefinity Thunder dll files (screenshot). If there are more than one folders, these folders have the same content and this is causing the error message to appear since there should be only one folder related to Thunder.

Here are the steps you can take on your side to fix the issue:

1. Open an instance of Visual Studio
2. Uninstall Sitefinity Thunder extension from Tools -> Extensions and Updates -> Visual Studio Gallery tab on the left -> searched for Telerik Sitefinity Thunder -> Uninstall.
3. Restart Visual Studio
4. Install Sitefinity Thunder from Tools -> Extensions and Updates
5. Restart Visual Studio
6. Thunder extension should be successfully installed and you should be able to use it.

After performing the above steps, please open the Visual Studio's Extensions folder and make sure that there is only one folder related to Sitefinity Thunder there. 

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2015 00:00

Hi,

The Thunder extension is installed and been trying plenty of times and now I am getting the below error when adding "Sitfinity Widget with Designer" for example. How can I fix the error?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi Marco,

The most probable reason for the issue you are experiencing is if you have not updated the Thunder extensions to the latest version (Thunder 1.3.7.2) where we have added support for Sitefinity 8.0. Please please refer to the following forum post and try to reinstall Sitefinity Thunder following the steps provided there.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

This thread is closed