Exception in updating sitefinity database

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 08:37

Exception in updating sitefinity database

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello team,

Facing below exception when trying update sitefinity database for newly created custom module. I took some reference(Microsoft.Xrm.sdk, Microsoft.Xrm.sdk.deployment, Microsoft.Xrm.portal, Microsoft.Xrm.client, Microsoft.Xrm.client.Codegeneration) of dynamic CRM 

"Specify the '-Verbose' flag to view the SQL statements being applied to the target database.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.SqlProviderServices' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Method 'ExecuteAsync' in type 'System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.DefaultSqlExecutionStrategy' from assembly 'EntityFramework.SqlServer, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' does not have an implementation."

Please do needfull

Let me know if more details are required  

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello Vikrant,

It seems that the issue is not related directly to Sitefinity and it may also occur in standard asp.net applications. What I assume is that the issue may be related to a missing reference to the assembly which is in the error message - EntityFramework.SqlServer version 6.0.0.0. Can you please make sure that you have referenced properly this assembly in your project?

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed