Install fails with Visual Studio Community 2015 RC

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 23:02

Install fails with Visual Studio Community 2015 RC

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2015 00:00

From Install Log:

23-Jun-15 8:58:21 AM - Searching for applicable products...
23-Jun-15 8:58:26 AM - Found installed product - Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 RC
23-Jun-15 8:58:26 AM - Found installed product - Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 RC Shell (Integrated)
23-Jun-15 8:58:26 AM - Found installed product - Global Location
23-Jun-15 8:58:26 AM - Found installed product - ssms
23-Jun-15 8:58:26 AM - VSIXInstaller.NoApplicableSKUsException: This extension is not installable on any currently installed products.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello,

Supported Sitefinity Visual Studio versions are Visual Studio 2010, 2012, 2013 as listed in the following article of our documentation.

Please consider using different version of Visual Studio to resolve the encountered problem.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2015 00:00

Yes, I was aware of the fact that the problem is that VS2015 is not listed in the supported products of the installation package.

However, given that - "Sitefinity Thunder is a fast paced product that is updated every two weeks." - should I assume that support for this will be available shortly ??

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2015 00:00

I'm curious about the status of this as well, seeing as VS2015 is being released this upcoming Monday

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2015 00:00

Hello,

Visual Studio 2015 has not been tested and supported yet. Our Sitefinity 8.1 major version was released last week  when there wasn't an official version of Visual Studio 2015.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2015 00:00

Check.  Any expectations you can set around VS2015 support now that it is officially released and not Beta/RC?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi,

I am not able to provide a exact Sitefinity release version which will provide support for Visual Studio 2015. I will pass this communication to our Project Management Team and hopefully they will schedule time for testing for one of our upcoming releases.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2015 00:00

This is indeed a bit disappointing, it sounds actually like there is no roadmap for a fast Thunder integration into the current VS version.

I ​will reinstall an old VS version just for the times when I am working with Thunder, but I am still a bit ​frustrated by the lack of VS 2015 support after such a long RC time this product had.

Regards, Mikael

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2015 00:00

I think the original issues was that Thunder was incompatible with VS Community Edition, regardless of the year.

Can you pls confirm that VS CE is supported? This question is not addressed in the requirements link referenced above.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2015 00:00

Hi,

I can confirm that Thunder is compatible with Visual Studio 2013 community edition which is the only one out of the supported versions to have a community version.

Thunder is not supported on Express versions of Visual Studio which do not allow for addons.

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2015 00:00

Express might be unsupported but you can hack the extensions manifest file by renaming the *.vsix file to *.zip, adding the support in the manifest file and resaving it as vsix.  It might error on you when you first load but most of the features will work.   You could also wait for Telerik to create an official build for 2015 community.. etc.  At this point since everything else is supporting 2015 already, Telerik probably has abandoned Thunder.  That's my guess.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2015 00:00

It's been almost two months since VS2015 EE was released and Thunder is still not available.  Exactly how far behind are we going to fall?  You've got to have some idea of what's involved by now and be able to set some sort of reasonable expectations for the developer community.

Thanks,

Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2015 00:00

This now appears in the extensions search for online in VS2015 community but when it downloads it says it's not available for this product?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2015 00:00

Hello,

I would like to inform you that Visual Studio 2015 is now supported by Sitefinity 8.2 version and Thunder 1.5.0.1 version. Further information can be found in the KB article we created.

In case you are experiencing some Thunder installation problems please refer to the other KB article we created.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2015 00:00

If you go to Tools->Extensions->Install Thunder then it fails saying the product isn't supported

If you download the Thunder extension and run it stand alone then the install is successful

This is on 2015 Community

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2016 00:00

Is not VS 2015 Community supported? Did not help to download and run standalone...

OC

Hi, if you read my post above it then it works.

You have to download and install manually rather than through the extensions menu in Visual Studio

I have it working on VS community 2015 through this method. The extension menu item in VS fails every time

Thanks, It did, the second time around...

OC

Thanks, it did - the second time around...

OC

This thread is closed