Thunder Installed with no Errors but not functioning

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:49

Thunder Installed with no Errors but not functioning

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2015 00:00

I have installed thunder both from the Gallery and also from within visual studio.  When I restart visual studio I do not see the thunder splash screen, and although the Telerik Menu is present, none of its functionality works.  I select the menu items and nothing happens.  In addition, when I try to SAVE any thing in Visual Studio, it crashes.  When I uninstall Thunder VS works fine.  I am on MS VS 12.0.40629 UPdate 5.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2015 00:00

I'm experiencing the same problem.  Were are you able resolve these issues?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2015 00:00

Hello Matthew,

Can you please try the suggestion from the below forum post:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/thunder/install-thunder-module-fail-on-vs-2013-win-8-64bit#a1JtTm2KxEeLFgZLd6XIbg

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Sabrie,

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately I've already tried the suggestion in that thread, and it did not work for me.  At any given time, only one folder in 

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\YourVSVersion(e.g. 11.0)\Extensions

has the Sitefinity dll's.  I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension multiple times, and so far I haven't been able to get it to work.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas on what may be causing the issue.

Thanks,
Matt

I looked at that link and it does not seem to apply to my issue.  None of those files are present

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi,

Please note that you should be able to use Sitefinity Thunder automatically once you open the project in Visual Studio. You should be able to create widgets by adding a new item in Visual Studio and then selecting Sitefinity from the left-hand side. You will be able also to register widgets with Thunder using the Register Toolbox Widget icon as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please also refer to the below article for more details on this:

http://docs.sitefinity.com/thunder-widgets-and-widget-templates

Can you please let me know if this will work on your side?

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Sabrie, 

That does not help, I have successfully used Thunder in the past, but in this case I am unable to successfully install it.  Although everything appears ti install correctly it does not work and has a detrimental effect on VS

I just tried installing it again.  The installation seems to be fine, and the Telerik Menu shows up but none of the functionality works from it.

When I try to save VS crashes and I get the following error in the logs

Application: devenv.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
Stack:
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
   at MS.Internal.AppModel.AppModelKnownContentFactory.BamlConverter(System.IO.Stream, System.Uri, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader ByRef)
   at MS.Internal.AppModel.MimeObjectFactory.GetObjectAndCloseStream(System.IO.Stream, MS.Internal.ContentType, System.Uri, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationService.GetObjectFromResponse(System.Net.WebRequest, System.Net.WebResponse, System.Uri, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationService.DoNavigate(System.Uri, System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationMode, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Navigation.NavigateQueueItem.Dispatch(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

I also got this when I debugged

Additional information: The invocation of the constructor on type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Thunder.UI.Views.CodeSync.CodeSyncHome' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2015 00:00

I opened a ticket with support and resolved the issue

The problem that you are experiencing is quite strange. The first thing that you can try is to uninstall Thunder, then go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Telerik and delete the Thunder folder. After this please install Thunder again and check whether you can reproduce the problem.

This thread is closed