Thunder Conncection

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 03:47

Thunder Conncection

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2016 00:00

Hello,  i just start to explore sitefinity on my local machine, i using Thunder to create Sitefinity theme and it is succesful without doing connecting to the project (menu: TELERIK\SITEFINITY THUNDER\CONNECTION SETTINGS).

My question is the actualy function of CONNECTION SETTINGS if i still work with Thunder without connecting first.

Thanks

Eddy

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2016 00:00

Hi xman,

Using the Sitefinity Thunder connection settings is only necessary when dealing with a project on a remote server.  If you try to connect to a  remote project that does not have Sitefinity Thunder Module installed you will get a connection failed error.  If you are running your project locally there is no need to use the connections settings.

Here is a blog post that goes into detail on the installation and set up of thunder:

www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-thunder-why-you-need-it-how-to-install-and-set-it-up

Regards,
Nick Rajotte
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2016 00:00

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the explanation..

Regards

Eddy

This thread is closed