Can't connect via Visual Studio

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 09:34

Can't connect via Visual Studio

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2016 00:00

Hi guys,

i can't connect my local visual studio 2015 to Sitefinity. Sitefintiy itself is on a remote server in our testing environment.

I checked the communication with NetMon between Visual Studio and the server and got the following trace:

HTTP    HTTP:Request, GET /sitefinitydv//appstatus   
HTTP    HTTP:Response, HTTP/1.1, Status: Not found, URL: /SitefinityDV/appstatus   

HTTP    HTTP:Request, GET /sitefinitydv/Sitefinity/Public/Services/Thunder/ThunderService.svc/SystemInfo

HTTP    HTTP:Response, HTTP/1.1, Status: Unauthorized, URL: /sitefinitydv/Sitefinity/Public/Services/Thunder/ThunderService.svc/SystemInfo   

I try to login with an admin user, which is not logged in in Sitefinity at the moment. So the authorization is odd here. In addition it seems it can't find a certain file. But I can't figure out why. We simple tried with a prestine installation of a new Sitefinity project. It. Does. Not. Work.

No HTTPS, no proxy, no firewall from the local pc. And no blocked communication from the servers firewall as my colleagues assured me.

How do I get this up and running?

Ok, can you please answer to my questions.

Can you login to Sitefinity with admin credentials using your browser?

Can you go to Administration - Modules & Services and confirm that Thunder module is active?

When you trying to create connection in Thunder, when you click "Test Connection", what it will show?

And one more. Are you using project manager to host Sitefinity on remote server? Or IIS? 

Try to use IIS, it is way better

Hey Victor,

- Login: Yes, I can use those credentials to get access when I use my browser to login into Sitefinity

- Installation: Thunder module is installed

- Test Connection: The first connection trial always takes several minutes of loading, which than results in the message "An Error has occured""; When  I try the test connection afterwards, it promps me the message "Test connection failed" almost instantly.

- Server: We use IIS for all web applications

In your logs i noticed that path is  /sitefinitydv/Sitefinity/Public/Services/Thunder/ThunderService.svc/SystemInfo

Sitefinity installed as subapplication under /sitefinitydv ?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2016 00:00

SitefinityDV is our project for development staging.

Within the installation of this project there is a subfolder "Sitefinity", containing the following folders: Public; Services. In addition it has a Default.aspx file.

Services contains several folders: Analytics.... Catalog.... MetaData... Thunder...
Public contains the subfolder Services, which contains the subfolders: Ecommerce, LoadBalancing, SmarterCommerce, Thunder.

I don't think it's a subapplication but the whole logic of the application, as the root-folder "SitefinityDV" does not contain any similar files.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2016 00:00

Looks weird.

Try to configure IIS to show website without  SitefinityDV subfolder.  Make website available from the root.

If it will not help, I  guess you need to wait for a response from Sitefinity Support team.

This thread is closed