Custom Widget Layouts for Blog

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:41

Custom Widget Layouts for Blog

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2011 00:00

Typically I create the designs and write all the html/css, but I want to gauge how long the process is for me to take something pre-baked and to put it into Sitefinity.   I am currently testing this by taking the Cool Blue theme from StyleShout.com and seeing how much of the proposed blog functionality (based on their design) I can implement.

The first area I am running into a roadblock is determining if the blog module of Sitefinity offers permalinks and how I would access those.   Another is how I can grab a comment post count to display.  Do I need to write a user control that grabs the comment count and then embed it with the widget layout markup? 

Below is what I have so far.  You can see the hard coded sections where I want the functionality to go for comments and permalink.  I have not put the timestamp in yet, but I know how to access that.

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Comments" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>   

<telerik:RadListView ID="Repeater" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
    <LayoutTemplate>
        <sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="MainBrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Add"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar>
        <div class="post">
            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" />
        </div>
    </LayoutTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <div class="right">
            <h2>
                <sf:DetailsViewHyperLink TextDataField="Title" ToolTipDataField="Description" runat="server" />
            </h2>
            <p class="post-info">
                Filed under
                <sitefinity:FlatTaxonField ID="FlatFieldControl" DisplayMode="Read" runat="server"
                 WebServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/FlatTaxon.svc" AllowMultipleSelection="true"
                 TaxonomyId="CB0F3A19-A211-48a7-88EC-77495C0F5374" TaxonomyMetafieldName="Tags" Expanded="false"
                 ExpandText="ClickToAddTags" BindOnServer="true" />
            </p>
            <sf:FieldListView ID="PostContent" runat="server" Text="0" Properties="Summary" WrapperTagName="p" WrapperTagCssClass="sfpostSummary" />
            <p><sf:DetailsViewHyperLink ID="FullStory" Text="Read More" runat="server" CssClass="more" /></p>
            <sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="BrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Edit,Delete,Unpublish"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar>
        </div>
        <div class="left">
            <p class="dateinfo">
                <sf:FieldListView ID="PostDateMonth" runat="server" Format="PublicationDate.ToLocal():MMM" />
                <span><sf:FieldListView ID="PostDateYear" runat="server" Format="PublicationDate.ToLocal():dd" /></span></p>
            <div class="post-meta">
                <h4>Post Info</h4>
                <ul>
                    <li class="user"><sf:PersonProfileView runat="server" /></li>
                    <li class="time"><a href="#">12:30 PM</a></li>
                    <li class="comment"><a href="#">2 Comments</a></li>
                    <li class="permalink"><a href="#">Permalink</a></li>
                </ul>

</div>
        </div>
    </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>
<sf:Pager id="pager" runat="server"></sf:Pager>

Try this one for the comments

<sf:CommentsBox ID="itemCommentsLink" runat="server" CssClass="sfpostCommentsCount"/>

I don't think we can get to more granular detail on it yet though...

Well that at least gives me something to put in there so that someone can click to go comment.  I see there is a property of CommentsCount on that control so I am wondering if it is possible to set that at some point in code.

I wondered and put a ticket in for the same thing :)

This was the response

<sitefinity:TextField  runat="server"  DisplayMode="Read"  Value='<%# Eval("Comments.Count")%>' />

Followed with this
The problem with comments is a bug, I have logged it for fixing (#106714).

This thread is closed