Bulk Image Uploader? HTML from DreamWeaver? Help

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:40

Bulk Image Uploader? HTML from DreamWeaver? Help

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Guys,

Here's a quick question for all of you. Correct me if any of the steps below are wrong.
Im taking my source code from DreamWeaver and taking it to sitefinity, but the images will take forever if I use the bulk uploader and go back one by one to link them back up.

Steps I follow:
1) I create a page in DreamWeaver
2) Images are stored in /img/ on my desktop with default.html being the page
3) Source code from default.html is stripped and taken to SiteFinity to create a new page
4) /img/ (images) are all zipped up, uploaded to the sitefinity library

Problems exists here:
5) Looking back at the source code, I need to re-link the images from the database library to the page
-This is the part I am having trouble: Do I need to go 1-by-1 and locate each image, change its source or is this an alternate way of dealing with this?

I know the library uses a weird virtual extension that pulls it from its database and no longer uses .gif or .jpg.
I'd love to use a reposity for images (like an FTP or MS Shared space) but that defeats the purpose of a CMS and FTP access isn't a good option here.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Does anyone also know if .ashx file extensions have any SEO impact when using the image library?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Arbi,

There is no automated way that Sitefinity can replace the image links for you. This has to be don automatically.

This forum thread is created in the Sitefinity 4.0 forums. If you are using Sitefinity 4.0 please note that we are using real extensions of the files. If you are using Sitefinity 3.x you can take a look at this KB article, to see how to make the libraries use real extensions.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for the response. I accidently posted in 4.0, we are running 3.X. The KB Article was a great resources, well be using that.

Thanks again.

This thread is closed