problems with menu

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:32

problems with menu

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2011 00:00

Personally, I'm having trouble with a side menu of you, I managed to style it but missing the small details that I need your help. I send the picture attached I have two problems, follow:
1) How can I make the initial state of the menu is closed (hide) the arrows to the left?
2) Where marked in red when the text breaks the line he gives a very large and still come to the right.

I'm waiting for you, Thank you!

XP Investimentos
Brazil
Bruno

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2011 00:00

I do not think there are so many who can use Sitefinity Navigating with layers > 1 And nobody wants to help with useful examples and comprehensive documentation.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

1. The control you use is in RadTreeView mode. The arrows are shown when there are child pages to a RadTreeNode. You can set the RadTreeNodes - collapsed, but you cannot remove the arrows.

2. The RadTreeNode does not support wrapping by design. This could be done with css. Please check this article.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hi Ivan
I still need just a useful example in Sitefinity and no significant evidence of RadTreeView. 

I see Sitefinity as an SMS system where one of the key features is the navigation. An SMS system should be easy for both developers and end users. I need an example that shows and demonstrates the use of Sitefinity 4.0 menusystem and not just a reference to RadTreeView as if it is a third-party product we have purchased. 

Sitefinity has not a single example of using a proper styling of RadTreeView  layer > 1 WHY...?

Sincerely,
Peter

Hello Peter,

Sitefinity is a Content Management System. RadTreeView is not a third party control in the CMS. Since the NavigationControl wraps RadTreeView control we use the base structure of the RadTreeView and all basic functionality.The NavigationControl is wrapper for several RadControls (which are not third party product). As I said you cannot remove the arrows, you can collapse the node by disabling expanding of the nodes on initial load.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

It was not me with "arrows" I think you have misunderstood what I wrote. "CMS"= humor og "hird party" = humor.
I have certainly noticed that you can put a flag in "Allow collapsing "... very nice ...

Peter

This thread is closed