Disable embedded resources from Telerik controls

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:03

Disable embedded resources from Telerik controls

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

I am looking for a good solution for disabling the embedded resources that get loaded with all Telerik controls. I saw a few examples where you can individually disable (EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet, EnableEmbeddedSkins) via the web.config file, but this can affect the front-end presentation of the Sitefinity dashboard.

What I need is some skin or way of disabling these controls so that it affects the public view only.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Mike,

It is not possible to disable the embedded resources only for the public part from a single place. This should be done per control instance. Also disabling the embedded resources will break the control behavior and you should have stylesheets that will replace the default one.  Please take a look at

www.telerik.com/.../disabling_embedded_resources.html

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

It is unfortunate that disabling the embedded resources is not possible - at least not from within Sitefinity. This should definitely be an option to allow those styles to be disabled, as there is nothing more annoying than overriding everything with another style sheet. Is it possible that this can be addressed in a future release?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Mike,

As the need for this grows, we will consider to add it this ability to the system.

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi, I totally agree with Mike, it should be an option otherwise you have to put !important everywhere, what is not very clean solutions.

It is a year from last answer, is there anything new?

Thanks,
Robert

Hi, I totally agree with Mike, it should be an option otherwise you have to put !important everywhere, what is not very clean solutions.

It is a year from last answer, is there anything new?

Thanks,
Robert

Well just on productivity note, I just solved trouble with cufon font and accented characters. Sitefinity navigation uses Rad tab strip and this control embeds some styles, one of them sets overflow:hidden on the wrapper element, which caused to strip off accents on upper case characters. It took me a while I found the reason. I know that some styles are needed for control in order to function properly, but I find rad controls to be rather aggressive in how they set css.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2012 00:00

Hi Robert,

Most of the inherited styles can be handled by removing padding, margin and background. You can use a more specific selector rather than adding !"important" to all your styles as most telerik styles are just ".rtsLink" etc.

By adding an ID to either the HTML or BODY, you can create a kind of reset. I added "telOR" as my HTML ID and can remove default styles using this:
#telOR .rtsLink, #telOR .rtsOut, #telOR .rtsIn,#telOR .rtsTxt,
#telOR .rsmLink margin:0; padding:0; background:none;

say we have a control in the footer, I can then re-apply what I need by using anther ID, "#ft" in this instance

#ft .footerDetails  ul li display:inline; padding:0 20px

No "!importants" are needed if you structure the selectors correctly and i dont need to override much on a case-by-case bases for controls.

Hope the helps,
MC

This thread is closed