using visual style builder

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:38

using visual style builder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi
I have a problem using  visual style builder to design RadPanelBar and a Menu.

basically I will only change a few properties but I got problems with the background image for those two. (I guess it will be for all controls). this problem is because I wanted to change the size of the controls.

- It seems like the rmSprite.png is not resized when I change the size of the Menu.
- for the RadPanelBar  the background images are re-sized except the SubItemStates.png

Is there any way to fix this, I guess I have to resize manually the image but I don't know how to do it (whit scale should I use)
It should be scaled depending on  the new font-size in the menu Item and its Line-height property (may be other one too)

thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello JP,

Unfortunately our Visual Style Builder can't resize the sprites automatically - in RadPanelBar the root item background image is bigger and can hold bigger items. However this can't be done when there are rounded corners, so the sub items can't be resized. One solution is to manually resize the image with an image editor, but this is rather hard task for one not familiar with such tasks. Another solution is to use Simple and Sitefinity skins which allow their items to be resized. In RadMenu the situation is the same, but the sprite is much harder to get right than the one in RadPanelBar.

Greetings,
Kamen Bundev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed