CSS load issue (when changing the contents of the CSS file)

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:49

CSS load issue (when changing the contents of the CSS file)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi there,

I'm a first time front-end developer using Sitefinity, I've followed Sitefinity designers guide to create a template with my own .master file and a supporting theme

I am doing my editing in Visual Studio 2010. (screenshot of solution explorer)

I currently have a CSS file in my custom theme Global folder which initially worked fine. (screen of firefox firebug)

However every time I try to carry out some edits in VS2010 and save those changes Sitefinity can no longer locate the file. (screen of firefox firebug)

Anything obvious I'm doing wrong? Is it good practice to modify templates in this manner using Sitefinity?

Many thanks,

Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2011 00:00

Hey Chris - I make edits to the css file and upload/overwrite it through the file manager in the Sitefinity admin without any problems. Try that. I suspect the prblem you're having is somehow related to Visual Studio.

Sorry I can't offer anything more. I edit in notepad and don't have any Visual Studio experience.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your response, since I've since noticed it's only been happened whilst attempting to edit in VS2010, we also have Dreamweaver CS3 and once run in administrator mode it seems to be fine, so I've decided not to worry about this!

Thanks again

This thread is closed