Nested Master Pages?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:26

Nested Master Pages?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2011 00:00

Does Sitefinity 4 support nested master pages?  We seem to get an error when we use them...

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello TexKen,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

Can you please tell me exactly what kind of error you are receiving, and the steps you take to reproducing this? There should be no problem using nested master pages in Sitefinity, please review this forum thread where I've provided some samples of a nested master page, and try testing with it.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

For what it's worth... I was having similar trouble using nested master pages. I eventually had to just create standalone master pages (with each master page continaing its full content) to be able to get them to work.

The problem I was seeing was that when importing nested master pages in Sitefinity and applying a resulting template to a page, some of the elements added in Sitefinity didn't carry through to the page.

When I just created each master page separately and loaded them individually as templates in Sitefinity, things worked better - though more inconvenient.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2013 00:00

Is this working in 6.0? We need confirmation. Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Adam,

There should be no problem with using nested masterpages with Sitefinity, please do not hesitate to let us know if you observe any strange behavior with your specific use case scenario, so we can give you a better advice.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello Ken,

Just a quick follow-up - you can check this video, demonstrating how nested master pages work when used as templates in Sitefinity.

Regards,
Jen Peleva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed