Layout looks different in preview page than published page

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:02

Layout looks different in preview page than published page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2011 00:00

I have a custom master page. Beside the header content there is a two column layout (25-75). When in preview the layout is shifted and the columns appear one under the other. But when published it looks well.
I don't know what else to try, I tried using firebug to see what the problem is but cannot seem to find it.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2011 00:00

I believe this is a bug introduced in SP1...latest internal release fixes it perhaps I think?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

If possible could you attach the theme you have and your master page to this ticket and we will try to make so modifications to the css loaded in edit mode and sort out some of the problems.

Best wishes,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

Hey Sonya,
  It's not my issue, it's Kenneths :)

This is the exact issue everyone has been having after updating to SP1.  Edit and Published mode are fine, but preview loses all the floats; it's not a Css\Masterpage issue.

LINK

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Kenneth and Steve,

The issue is fixed in the internal build (4.0.1238) which followed the service pack. The fix should be added to the official release scheduled for April 13 2011. I  am sorry for the inconvenience.

If  you use the same build and you still have problems, please write back to me.

Greetings,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello,

I have the newest version of Sitefinity. In the preview the Websites look different, than when I click on "view". The Priview-view is right, but in de view-view everything looks like messed up.

For my website I need 4 different templates. I created the first template with the TemplateBuilder. I put the master-page into the folder 'App_Masters'. The other ones I copied from the first one and modified them. Other Placeholders (with their divs) got different names and are also in the folder 'App_Masters'. Every Template has the same Theme (which is in the App_Themes folder). But only my first template looks like it should look, also in the LiveSite-View.

I attached 2 screenshots (one livesite-view, one preview). Can you help me here please?

thank you!

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/296/294932_5F00_Preview.jfif:320:240]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/296/294931_5F00_LiveSite_2D00_View.jfif:320:240]

What's the Live URL?...can I look at it somewhere?

No, I'm sorry. I only have it on the localhost.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello,

I did copy all the placeholders of the other templates to the first template (which does work) and now the preview and livesite-view is ok. Don't know what's the problem with the other templates, but I'm now ok with this solution!

Thanks, Gabriele

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Gabriele,

We're glad that you fixed your issue. I suppose it was something with wrong paths to images inside a CSS file or in the .master page file.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed