Css on Firefox

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:18

Css on Firefox

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello,

I guess this is more of a plain css question, but its the last thing I have to get done for the site and I just have not been able to fix it...

My webpages looks completely fine on IE, but on Firefox, the side navigation bar is larger so it goes on top of the border. I attached sone pictures to show what I mean. It looks like something so trivial, but I just have not been able to get it right, this is my CSS code for that section:

* - Sub Navigations - */    
.sub nav
margin-left: 50px

.sub-nav li    
clear:both;
list-style-type: none;  
background: #fff url("/Amerex/images/icons/arrow-right-gray-white.gif") no-repeat ;
background-position: right 50%;

.sub-nav li a
clear:both;
margin-left: 50px;
display: block
padding: 6px 0 0 0
text-decoration: none;  
color: #231f20
font-size: .9em;
text-align: left !important;
border-bottom: 1px solid #e5e5e5;
width: 135px;

.sub-nav li a:hover,.sub-nav li a:focus,.sub-nav li a.active   
background: #fff url("/Amerex/images/layout/arrow-right-blue-white.gif") no-repeat right 8px;   
color: #034C8E;

anyone knows what might be the problem??

Thanks!

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/296/260509_5F00_iepage.jfif:320:240]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/296/3443.260508_5F00_firefoxpage.jfif:320:240]

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2011 00:00

Install the firebug firefox addon, then you can right-click to inspect the html for that nav...you can tweak the html\css in the browser on the fly and figure out the exact style problem pretty fast :)

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,

We were unable to reproduce the issue. The problem probably comes not from the CSS of the navigation, but from the context element positioning. Can you provide us a link to a live server, so we can check the things in place?

Best wishes,
Jordan
the Telerik team

This thread is closed