Horizontal Menu w/Multiple Columns

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 11:59

Horizontal Menu w/Multiple Columns

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2011 00:00

I need to create a horizontal menu with multiple columns like the following SiteFinity site:

http://www.yvr.ca/en/Default.aspx

I am guessing I need to use the horizontal with dropdowns with a custom template - can you point me to an example of a custom template?

I also need breadcrumbs, which were in 3.7, but seems to be left out of 4.0.

Thanks

Hi Tom,

This feature is controlled through the GroupSetting in RadMenu - you can find sample code on this page of the APS.NET Menu Demos. The same demo contains a sample related to show current path and breadcrumb navigation.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Thanks Boyan,

So, this feature is not built into the SiteFinity navigation widget - I have to create a custom widget using the RadMenu control?

How do I bind this to pages created in SiteFinity? And, will I be able to bind to "all pages under a certain page" like the navigation widget?

Thanks

Tom W.

Hi Tom,

You can use ASP.NET SiteMapDataSource control to bind the navigation control you are going to use.

Here are some of the properties that you can set (MSDN reference)

StartFromCurrentNode Gets or sets a value indicating whether the site map node tree is retrieved using the node that represents the current page.
Public property StartingNodeOffset Gets or sets a positive or negative integer offset from the starting node that determines the root hierarchy that is exposed by the data source control.
Public property StartingNodeUrl Gets or sets a node in the site map that the data source then uses as a reference point to retrieve nodes from a hierarchical site map.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed