Site loses theme

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 11:12

Site loses theme

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2011 00:00

Finished my first project, deployed to a IIS 7 web server, applied appropriate folder permissions and the site serves fine, all functionality and look and feel are correct.

I now need to move the site to its live server which is win2003 running iis6. I copied the files to the server and again applied the permissions to the App_Data folder and set up the site in IIS etc...

Now when viewing the site the theme is not applied, looking at the page source it cannot find the css file even though the path is definately correct. No code changes or db chages have occurred, they are the same files as were running fine under IIS 7.

Is there extra config stuff required for IIS6? If I go into the backend I can select my theme for my pages but the theme is still not applied properly. I've tried adding another theme but the same thing happens, it can never find the css file in the App_Data directory.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello RichW,

Can you please make sure you have IIS 6 set according to this page from our Installation and Administration guide. The issue you are experiencing seems to me like some permissions might be missing, but in order to make sure, do you mind inspecting the requests to the css files in firebug and inform me about the error it returns, so that I can inspect this problem further.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

Cheers Boyan, I just needed the wildcard mappings

This thread is closed