create new standared edition project on sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 09:17

create new standared edition project on sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,
I have an existing Sitefinity 3.7 sp2 live website built on standard edition. Now I am planning to Upgrade it to 4 version. and I would like to do the upgrade on my local machine and copy over to live.

Can anyone please suggest me from where I can download the sitefinity 4 standard edition installation package for this?

Hi Hydo L,

You can use the migration tool http://sitefinitymigration.codeplex.com/  to migrate the data from 3.x to 4.0. The tool uses web services and it does not operate with the database directly. You need to patch your project to Sitefinity 3.7 Sp3+ / or 3.7 Sp4 /. Also make sure to backup your files first. Here are the official upgrade instructions

http://www.sitefinity.com/support/upgrade-instructions.aspx

It migrates only the data, not custom controls and logic, so I would say that there should be a developer at your end to migrate the project.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thanks Victor.

Can you also answer me for that second Question "Can anyone please suggest me from where I can download the sitefinity 4 standard edition installation package for this? "

Hi Hydo L,

I can see you have expired trial license for Sitefinity 4. You can contact our sales team to have it extended or purchase a valid license for Sitefinity 4 Standard Edition. Then you will have all your purchased products available for download here.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

My company already have License for Sitefinity 3.7. So do we need to purchase it again? Is there no way to upgrade our product to 4 without buying 4.0?

Hi Hydo,

Thank you for getting back to us!
Actually all clients who have purchased Sitefinity 3.7 and had a valid subscription on the 14.01.2011 automatically received an upgrade for Sitefinity 4.0 for free. The ones who still have active subscriptions have received all upgrades until now (service packs and the upcoming Q1 release if they have active subscription).

Please feel free to contact our sales team directly with specific question regarding your license and options, we will be happy to assist you further on! You can reach us at sales@sitefinity.com or on +1.888.365.2779

All the best,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello
My client planing to purchase sitefinity standard edition 5.4.  He asked me to start development using its trial version. But I could not find sitefinity standard edition 5.4 trial.  Can you please provide me a link for that?

Thank you
Majd

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello Majd,

Thank you for your interest in Sitefinity!
You can download a trial of Sitefinity here.
The current version of Sitefinity is 5.4, so you can log into your Sitefinity.com account and choose to activate the Standard Edition trial -

Kind regards,
Pat Harlow
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello Pat,

Thank you for the answer

But I could not find the page that you mentioned in that image.

www.sitefinity.com/try-now is going to a common download page. I can't select standard or professional.  Please help me out

Thank you
Majd

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello Majd,

Both you and Roopeshhave submitted similar questions, so I will respond to you both directly with some screenshots.

Regards,

Pat Harlow
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed