navigation Tree (vertical with sub-levels)

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:59

navigation Tree (vertical with sub-levels)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

hi guys,

I have a questions about this menu. Follows:

1) Is it possible to close this menu is displayed initially, but when I go to a sublevel only the session corresponding to it stay open?

Thanks!

XP Investimentos
Brazil

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi XP Investimentos,

That's a tough one, unfortunately for the time being we are not offering this functionality with our Navigation control. Thank you for pointing out the need for its implementation, though. In case of future revision of the Navigation control we'll surely address this issue.
A possible workaround, although not the perfect solution, is to place a second Navigation control on the page which you want the node to be expanded and specify it to display all pages under the parent node in expanded state. Although this will deliver the desired functionality, I'm not sure if you will find it appropriate design-wise, but you can still try.
If you need any further assistance with this, please write back.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Thank you, I'll think of another solution.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2011 00:00

Is this type of navigation still not possible? I've tried many different configurations with the tree navigation to no avail. Seems like a pretty standard way to present navigation.

Thanks,
Greg

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Greg Delorey,

Coiuld you please specify the exact use case scenario you want to implement, so we can be sure we're on the same track here. If you want to display only the pages under the currently selected node, this can be easily achieved by selecting the "All pages under currently opened page" option. If this is not the desired functionality, please do not hesitate to get back to us with some more detailed information so we can advise you further.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Boyan -

Your understanding is a bit off. What I'm looking to do is have the top level pages display, as well as the sub level pages for the section you are in. For example, if you click on About Us (a sub page) you will see the following:

*  Home
*  About Us
      - Sub Link 1
      - Sub Link 2
* Contact Us

Thanks,
Greg

Hi Greg Delorey,

Thanks for the clarification. Can you please try adding the attached control to your project, building it and then specifying it as a template for the Navigation control in Sitefinity (from the widget's design settings please specify the app relative path to the template). You can also take a look at our Application Scenarios section in the RadTreeView online documentation, I believe you will find the link useful.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/296/288240_5F00_TreeViewCustom.rar:320:240]

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Boyan -

Thanks for the file. When I add it to my project and try to build, I get an error "Could not load type 'SitefinityWebApp.TreeViewCustom.RadTreeViewCustom'." I also tried a rebuild with the same results.

Do you know why it would be throwing this? I'm not a developer so my programming experience is limited.

Thanks,
Greg

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Greg Delorey,

It looks like the problem might be coming from the location of the control in your project - you'll either have to change the CodeBehind and Inhertis declaration in the control markup to match its current location in your project, or simply make sure that you have placed it in a TreeViewCustom\RadTreeViewCustom folder structure in the root of your project.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Finally got this; I had initially converted the web application to a web site project, so I turned it back into a web application and now it's working as expected.

Greg

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2012 00:00

If anyone is trying to use the code that Boyan posted as TreeViewCustom.rar and wanting to swap out for the standard Sitefinity 5 TreeView, it will make your life easier to add:
Skin="Sitefinity" to the RadTreeView. That way the same CSS and classes will be applied as the out of the box menu.

This thread is closed