CSS Styles

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:57

CSS Styles

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Is there a master list of all CSS styles used in Sitefinity and what they apply to.

For example:

If I wanted to restyle the newsletters subscribe form what CSS selectors do I need to edit / modify?

A master list of these for the entire Sitefinity system would be great.

Screw a masterlist when Firebug exists :)

Firebug works. But the css selectors just don't seem consistent. I was wondering if there was some documentation on whats supposed to be where, what needs to be changed to do what, it would help some rather than having to punch through each selector and having to fight through it.

Also Firebug doesn't seem to show all the styles.

For example in the newsletter example. Where are the definitions for all the form elements?

Perhaps I'm just not understanding?

Is this what you mean? 
http://www.screencast.com/t/qkozRYtiYkW

I normally use firebug to see the elements and the classes and transfer the classes I want to hook into over to the CSS.  Once there you can tweak dynamically right on the page.  I mean if you just had a big list of styles you'd be bloating your css unnecessarily.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

I think he is talking about getting a list similar to the developers API reference where one could see all the classes that are used to generate the default look of say the News module output.

I personally use Firebug to find the selectors that I need to override and then add them to my stylesheet.  Another great way of doing this is by viewing source with Firefox.  Firefox will make the embedded resource files (i.e. the CSS used to generate the default looks) as a clickable link.  Just click the link and you will see all the CSS markup you are looking for for any given widget or control.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

I am wondering whether at each release Sitefinity could publish the default CSS class list as a reference document. This could be part of any documneted changes that have had to be made on the new version. Just saves going to Firebug when designing and planning the layouts... Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Hi Richard Cross,

We have plans to provide a list of all public CSS class. Actually we are currently working on such list but I am not sure when it will be available.

At the moment all CSS class are listed and commented in our Basic theme. I have attached the CSS file.

Kind regards,
Katia
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2011 00:00

Katia, Thank you for posting layout.css. Having this commented file is extremely helpful.

Can you please post the styling for RadTreeView_Sitefinity as well?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hi Mark,

More information about Rad Treeview CSS classes can be found in CSS Skin File Selectors article from RadTreeView for ASP.NET AJAX documentation.

Let us know if you need further help.

Kind regards,
Katia
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

What I'd really like to be able to see is the default styling for the

div.RadTreeView_Sitefinity
the same way
div.RadMenu_Sitefinity
was outlined in the Layout.css file you attached. I'm constantly having to go to firebug to see what Sitefinity is adding for each class and it would be extremely useful to me to have all of the styling.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Hi Mark,

I have attached the CSS files for Sitefinity skin of RadTreeView and RadMenu. Basically, the classes among all skins are the same except for RadTreeView_SkinName and RadMenu_SkinName classes which are added to the control's wrapper.

Regards,
Katia
the Telerik team

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/296/271416_5F00_TreeView_2D00_Sitefinity.css:320:240]
[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/296/271417_5F00_Menu_2D00_Sitefinity.css:320:240]

This thread is closed