Chnage link text of 'All News' for News Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 05:38

Chnage link text of 'All News' for News Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I've searched the forums high and low for a solution to this issue but haven't found anything related, I'm hoping you can help me out.

I have a 'Resources' page that has two News List widgets that display lists of 'news' from two seperate categories (News, Publications). Both of the lists link to separate pages (News or Publications). What I would like to do is change the link text "All News" that appears at the top of the page when taken to a News Item.

If possible I would just like to change the link text for the Publications page, but if it can only be changed universally then I would be happy to have a generic "<< Back" link.

Hope this makes sense,

Stephanie

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

Hi Stephanie,

There is a resource key - BackToItems,  that which you can modify from Sitefinity/Administration/Labels

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the reply.

However this did not resolve the issue.

I modified the BackToItem text for the News Resource key but it did not change the 'All News' link text. We might be talking about different things as the default text for the BackToItem was 'Back to News' and not 'All News' as my page displays.

I did find the AllNews Resource though, but it still did not work after modifying the text.

The class for the 'All News' link is class="sfNewsBack"

Am I missing something or should this work?

Cheers

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hi Stephanie,

Here is  snippet of the template and the resource key that is used

<telerik:RadListView ID="DetailsView" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemContainer" AllowPaging="False" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
    <LayoutTemplate>
        <div class="sfnewsDetails">
            <div class="sfnewsLinksWrp">
                <sf:MasterViewHyperLink class="sfnewsBack" Text="<%$ Resources:NewsResources, AllNews %>" runat="server" />
            </div>
            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemContainer" runat="server" />
        </div>
    </LayoutTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>

All news
Used in : NewsResources , Resource key : AllNews
Go back to all news articles.
Used in : NewsResources , Resource key : BackToAllNewsItems

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2011 00:00

Ivan,

I understand what you are showing in your code, but can you tell me where you went to find it?  I'm still new to Sitefinity and am still learning my way around the back end.  Sorry for the simple question, thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Webguy,

You can change the value of the key from Interface Labels & Messages screen.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed