Avoiding Pre-Set Navigation Styles

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 00:30

Avoiding Pre-Set Navigation Styles

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Is there any way to disable embedded styles for the navigation controls? While easy, it's a pain to have to override all of the embedded styles that affect a basic navigation menu. Was curious if there is any way around this?

Thanks,
Greg

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Hi Greg Delorey,

In the settings of the navigation widget there is a set of options - "Design settings". When you set a value in "Wrapper CSS class (Skin)" the default styles won't load.

Kind regards,
Jordan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2011 00:00

This isn't entirely true in my experience.  I'm using Sitefinity 4.2 right now and specifying a wrapper CSS class disables SOME of the default styles but unfortunately not all of them.

It would be great if there were an easy way to just dump out the HTML for the menu with no styles at all so that we could just skin the menu from scratch instead of trying to override all sorts of defaults.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

+1

I want the option to disable the embedded CSS for a control and simply use my own.  For now I'm using the Wrapper CSS kludge.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi,

If you set the wrapper CSS class the only visual styles that are there are two padding rules and you can easily remove them with 1 line of CSS:

.RadMenu_name .rmHorizontal .rmText, .RadMenu_name .rmItem .rmLink padding:0px;

All of the other styles are needed for the normal behaviour of the RadMenu. Here is a screenshot with a WrapperCSSClass and the CSS line above:

Greetings,
Jordan
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed