Styling Tags and Categories lists on blog post list

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 07:47

Styling Tags and Categories lists on blog post list

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

so i want to know how to change the way these display. for instance on a full blog list if tags and categories are selected for that blog post it displays like this

Tags

• tag 1
  • tag 2
Categories
  • cat 1
  • cat 2

i would like to have control of how these are displayed. i'd like them to 1) be linked so when a user clicks them they display all the posts with those tags or all those categories and 2) to look like this

Tags: tag 1, tag 2, tag 3
Categories: cat 1, cat 2

can this be done? Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi Brandon,

You have to edit the widget template and add the tags and categories. Please check this article which has valuable information about the taxonomies in Sitefinity and how you can use them. If you want such structure you can use our radtreeview to display the items - you can have a look at this page which has detailed description of the control, as well as code samples. 

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Were you able to get these to function as links as you had wished?  I'm trying to accomplish the same and have not found a way to do it.  If you've been able to accomplish this example code would be much appreciated!

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Hi Brett,

Could you please have a look at the following threads which contain useful information regarding your request:

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

no brett i have not...unfortunately something as easy as displaying tags and categories like i described is too much of a hassle with sitefinity.

we just decided to stop wasting our time developing custom modules for this software since each time a new release comes out, it just breaks what work-arounds we came up with. did you have any luck?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

Here is the opposite. I started developing before one month and had couple of issues. Then upgraded to the latest version following upgrade instructions and blog posts and my module works without issues. I had to touch some methods, but this tool no more than 3 hours.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello NorseNerd,

Any luck implementing this functionality, I am also trying to implement this feature?
Thank you for your time.

This thread is closed