Div reordering after publish

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 09:19

Div reordering after publish

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Hello all,
I've recently started to design a web site using Sitefinity 4.1 and encountered a problem which confuse me a lot. I have a page which inherits a template which inherits another template (page -> defaultemplate -> basetemplate). 3 Divs are defined in basetemplate and one is defined in defaulttemplate("top_bar" div).  I found that when I preview the page divs locations+ are following:

<div class="sf_cols header">
<div class="sf_cols top_bar">
<div class="sf_cols center_contenr_wrapper">
<div class="sf_cols footer">
After publishing order of divs on the page changes to(which leads to change of page look)
<div class="sf_cols header">
<div class="sf_cols center_contenr_wrapper">
<div class="sf_cols footer">
<div class="sf_cols top_bar">

I thought that preview should be exactly the same as page after publishing. It can be really confusing to editors on a site if Sitefinity cannot show preview correctly. Anybody has any idea why the order of divs was changed or it's a bug? 

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hi Maxim,

This is a known ASP rendering issue. To avoid the random reordering of the elements you should not left the first level content placeholders empty. In the empty placeholders which you are going to use  in the child template you should put a 100% layout widget. The result in the child template will be the same.

Regards,
Jordan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed