Sitefinity adding its own styles...?!?!?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 12:51

Sitefinity adding its own styles...?!?!?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Hello all,

Recently downloaded SF4.1SP1 and I am impressed with all the new features and cleaner design, good job.

But I have a problem, I am currently carbon copying an existing site to SF4. The mark up and styles are already in place so I created a master page with said mark up and styles but on publishing the page SF appears to add its own styles to the body removing the background and altering the text size, inserted code below:

<link href="/SITENAME/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?compress=0&amp;_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bTelerik.Web.UI%2c+Version%3d2011.1.413.40%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d121fae78165ba3d4%3aen%3a71598907-ed61-48cf-848a-7bcbb14d6dd6%3a92753c09%3a7d245c43%3bTelerik.Sitefinity.Resources%2c+Version%3d4.1.1395.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3dnull%3aen%3ac58a2477-603d-4b5e-87a2-ca44c02d9ecd%3a44911412%3ab5bf473e%3acc007e78%3ad271177c%3adff30785" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

Thank you and Regards

Iain

Hello Iain,

I am happy to hear you are pleased with Sitefinity. Sitefinity uses master pages to create templates and Themes to apply styling to the body of the page and apply custom styling. To avoid overwriting of the your css classes create a new theme that your template will use. Even if the theme is blank the new theme will remove completely the default Sitefinity theme and I think will solve your problem. Note in the head tag Sitefinity will always add a stylesheet for the widgets you use on the page. For more information please refer to the documentation.

Please feel free to write back.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I noticed that the 'basic theme' was attached to my tempate, changed this to no theme and all is ok, just have to remember to do this when uploading a master page.

I followed the document to adding a theme (so I fully understand the process) and recieved the following error

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\localhost\SITENAME\App_Data\Sitefinity\WebsiteTemplates\SITENAME\App_Themes\SITENAME\Global\'.

Could you explain why SF is expecting a 'Global' directory? Should my css directory and images directory be within a global directory?

Iain

Ahh, checked the other documentation and realise that global directory is mandatory.

Hello Iain,

Make the same solder structure to your theme in your visual studio project
/App_Data/Sitefinty/WebsiteTemplates/YourTemplate/App_Themes/YourTheme. In the Global folder put your css files and cssLoadOrder.xml. Images should be in your template folder /App_Data/Sitefinty/WebsiteTemplates/YourTemplate/App_Themes/YourTheme/Images. The error you are getting is because either your folder structure is not correct or you haven`t registered the theme with the correct path. When registering the theme make sure you use the relative path ~/App_Data/Sitefin....

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hey guys,

we´re having a similar problem when removing the ScriptReferences from the Advanced Settings.
The sitefinity try to load the files from somewhere but we have removed the reference and it throw an exception.

best regards,
    Thiago Triunfo

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi Thiago,

What are you trying to achieve with removing ScriptReferences?

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hey Velikov,

Sorry by time for reply.
How are you?

i'm removing all and the sitefinity backend was an error.
What is solution? because my application not using the references.
we using our own references.

Regards,

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Hello Thiago,

If you remove the script references Sitefinity will not function because widgets are based on those scripts.
Can you provide some more details about the reference you use?

Awaiting your next post.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2011 00:00

i'm open one ticket, please verifier Velikov.

Yours,

This thread is closed