Date format

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:05

Date format

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

How do I format the event date and time to say (for example):

June 5, 2011 1:00 pm

<sf:FieldListView ID="EventStart" runat="server" Format="EventStart.ToLocal():MMM dd, yyyy HH:mm" runat="server" />

Also, is there a way to get a custom field to show using the sf:FieldListView control.  For example, I added a custom field called "Cost" and I'd like it to show in the template along with dates, address, contact, etc.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi Amanda Shafer,

If you want to implement 12h time format with AM/PM designation please use the below sample.

<sf:FieldListView ID="EventStart" runat="server" Format=" | EventStart.ToLocal():MMM dd, yyyy hh:mm tt" />
Concerning using your custom field in a template, please try including it like this:
<sitefinity:TextField runat="server" DisplayMode="Read" Value='<%# Eval("Cost")%>' />
I hope this information helps, if you have any further questions, please let us know.
Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Thank you, Boyan.

Next question is whether anyone has been able to do the following. We have a mix of events that occur on one day and those that last two or three. I'm trying to find a good way to get the dates to format to make this clear.

I could do a field for start date and one for end date, but then when the event is on one day it is redundant.  But I can't just use the start date because some last more than one day.

I tried adding an event with no end date, but then it doesn't display on my list at all.

I'd to have a way to say Date: June 10, 2011   for single day events and  Date: June 10 - 15, 2011 for multiple dates.

Has anyone acheived something similiar to this?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi Amanda Shafer,

The functionality you demand is implemented in the default template we're using for Events - if it's a one day Event we're displaying only that date (e.g. Dates: 26 May, 2011) if it's a several day Event we're displaying EventStart and EventEnd dates (e.g. Dates: 25 – 25 May, 2011). Please refer to the attached screenshot for more information. I'm pasting the default template below as well:

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Comments" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>

<telerik:RadListView ID="eventsList" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
    <LayoutTemplate>
        <sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="MainBrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Add"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar>
        <ul class="sfeventsList sfeventsListTitleCityDate">
            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" />
        </ul>
    </LayoutTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <li class="sfeventListItem">
            <h2 class="sfeventTitle">
                <sf:DetailsViewHyperLink TextDataField="Title" ToolTipDataField="Description" runat="server" />
            </h2>
            <div class="sfeventMetaInfo">
                <sf:FieldListView ID="where" runat="server"
                    Text="0 | " Properties="City"   />
                <sf:FieldListView ID="EventsDates" runat="server" />
                <sf:CommentsBox ID="itemCommentsLink" runat="server" CssClass="sfeventCommentsCount"/>
            </div>
            <sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="BrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Edit,Delete,Unpublish"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar>
        </li>
    </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>
<sf:Pager id="pager" runat="server"></sf:Pager>
I hope this information helps you achieve the desired functionality. If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Boyan,
Thank you! How do I format it so that it's as follows: March 11 - 12, 2010 as opposed to day, month, year?  I tried
EventStart.ToLocal():MMM dd, yyyy  but that doesn't seem to have any effect.

Hi Amanda Shafer,

Thank you for getting back to me. Let's just clarify one thing, so that I'm sure we're on the same track here - the end result that you want to be displayed on the frontend page should be:
1) One day events: ''Dates: 26 May, 2011"
2) Multiple days events: "Dates: 25 – 27 May, 2011"
or you'll also need to display the hours as well?
The reason why I'm asking you this question, is that if you won't need to display the hours at all, you can simply leave the EventEnd field empty, which will display single date for single days events, and Start-End dates for multiple days events using :

If you need to display the hours as well, then you'll have to use
<sf:FieldListView ID="EventStart" runat="server" Format="  EventStart.ToLocal():MMM dd, yyyy hh:mm tt" />
 <sf:FieldListView ID="EventEnd" runat="server" Format=" - EventEnd.ToLocal():dd, yyyy hh:mm tt" />
Please let me know if the suggested solutions differ from what you desire to achieve as end functionality, so that I can advise you further.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2011 00:00

Hello Boyan,

The hours are not important. However, I do need it to format with Month, Day, Year. The default you provided is Day Month Year.

When I leave the end date empty, the event does not appear at all on the page.

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2011 00:00

Hi Amanda Shafer,

Thank you for the clarification. The second option I've listed in my last response does set the format to MMM/DD/YYYY, you might use it in your template instead of the FieldLIstView control. I'm pasting below a refined version which does not display the extra "-" when the event is a single day event.

<sf:FieldListView ID="EventStart" runat="server" Format="  EventStart.ToLocal():MMM dd, yyyy hh:mm tt" />
 <sf:FieldListView ID="EventEnd" runat="server" Format="  EventEnd.ToLocal(): '\-' MMM dd, yyyy hh:mm tt" />
Please take a look at the attached screenshot as well, which shows how this change int he template affects the frontend rendering of Events. It displays both events that have to EventEnd date set, ones that end the same day (although I personally believe if the event will end the same day there'd be no need to fill in the End date; and a multiple days Event) If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. It was a pleasure for me to help you.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

I am having issues with the single day event. If its a single day event, I only put in the event start date. When I remove the date from event end and save it, it puts the event start date back in the event end date field so my screen looks like

sample event
June 9  -  9 2011

please advice.

Thanks

Hello nana,

Could it be that you're using an older version of Sitefinity, as I've tested this functionality with our latest release version and I was not able to reproduce the mentioned issues. If so, please let me know which build version you're using so I can inspect this issue further. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Standard Edition

Build 4.0.1098.0

License details

Edition:
Standard Edition

And the required checkbox is not checked for enddate either.

Thanks
Nana

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello nana,

Thank you for the clarification. Indeed we have changed the logic for using EventStart and EventEnd dates, as I have just observed myself the date is automatically filled in the older version, so the template provided to Amanda would not work on your project as long as you do not upgrade to the newer version. However, please let me know of the use case scenario you want to implement, maybe we can come up with some workaround.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

Simply,
there are events on single days and events on multiple days

the events that are single days I want displayed as e.g. June 9 2011  and for multiple days it should be displayed as June 9  - 11 2011.

I am using the widget templates. but as i said, the single day ones are displaying  June 9 - June 9 2011 because there is no way not to set the end date or leave blank

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello nana,

I'll try to come up with a sample that implements this functionality on your template, however I'd recommend you to consider upgrading your project to the newer version, not only will you benefit from getting the desired behavior out-of-the-box, but also you will get all the new functionality and fixes we've introduced. Please get back to me if you still prefer to use the current version, so I can try to provide you with some workaround.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2011 00:00

I tried to upgrade before and it was a terrible experience. My code and everythign else was totally screwed so I was thankful to have been able to revert back with 0 issues. Now I am comfortable with where I am and do not intend to upgrade since I am creating a mockup to show my clients. I have a deadline. I do not want anything to impact it. If you can provide me with a solution, I will appreciate it.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi nana,

Thank you for the patience. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've had upgrading to Sitefinity 4.1, I'd still recommend you to do it so that you can benefit from all the features and bug fixes that we've implemented. If you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us, we'll be glad to assist you.
I have prepared a sample template that should suit your needs, however let me point out that the current issues you are experiencing are somehow related to several bugs that are fixed in 4.1. First, the EventEnd date is required in 4.0 and cannot be removed. If you remove it and save the event, EventEnd date is automatically added as EventStart + 10 years. This is also valid if you type in EventStart date  - the EventEnd is automatically set to EventStart+10years. I've made a sample template to you which handles these two issues , you might want to customize it a little bit to suit your needs. Please find attached the template files and a screenshot of the end result. You'll need to go to the Events widget on your page click on Edit->Advanced->ControlDefinition->Views->EvenFrontendList and set the app relative path to the template you've included in your project. You'll also need to delete the TemplateKey.
Once again I want to note that this template cannot be a substitute to upgrading your project and benefiting from the fixes in the codebase. Also, setting this for your event widgets will require that you manually go and change the template of the widgets once you upgrade the project.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Boyan,
I tried implementing the code you gave but get a message that there has been an error parsing the template. I will submit a support ticket.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am not able to reproduce the template parsing error, can you, please, make sure you have followed the installation instruction properly? If you prefer, you can open a support ticket and attach a short video demonstrating the problems. Thanks in advance

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Boyan, from what I have found after my upgrade to 4.2

I can leave the event end date empty but it will not display on the website if I use this code

<sf:FieldListView ID="EventEnd" runat="server" Format=" - EventEnd.ToLocal():dd, yyyy hh:mm tt" />

The only way it displays if its a single day event is if I use

However
 does not display it in the correct format i would like, which is June 9 2011

What to do?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Nana,

Can you please clarify what you mean by "I can leave the event end date empty but it will not display on the website if I use this code"? Please find attached a short video demonstrating the usage of this sample code:

<sf:FieldListView ID="EventEnd" runat="server" Format="  EventEnd.ToLocal(): '\-' MMM dd, yyyy hh:mm tt" />
and the corresponding results, and please let me know if I've missed something.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2011 00:00

What I mean is.

The option to just have a single day event is available so  I am able to just put a date in Event Start and then leave Event End blank.

But when I leave Event End  field blank and use this code as given by Boyen, those single day events are not displayed on the website.

Its only when I use
do they display on the website

but I dont want to use that tag because I need correct formatting as Boyen gave

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Nana,

I'm sorry if I have misunderstood your request, can you please specify the exact use case scenario that's needed. The sample code I've attached in my previous reply, and the video recorded demonstrate how to properly set up the template for events so it will display the dates in the desired format and leave the event end blank if it has no value entered.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

hi boyen,
it really is nothing more than what is there.

I am using 4.2 with hotfixes

I enter an event
Start date 06-06-2012

I leave end date fiedl blank because its a single day event and then save the event

I modify widget template to use the code you provided for formatting date

The event is not displayed on the website. Simple as that. The single date event is not displayed on the website but other events that have a start and end date are displayed.

I remove the code you provided and then use the code below

<sf:FieldListView ID="EventsDates" runat="server" /> and all events show including the single date event

But I need to use your code because I need the dates formatted.

Can this code below be formatted like the code you provided?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Nana,

I'm wondering, would there be a way to provide me with temporary login credentials for your site's backend? Generally there should be no problem with the code runnig on your side. Both EventStart and EventEnd dates are passed to the EventsDates FieldListView, what we're actually doing is call the control twice, and specify the desired format first for the EventStart, and then for the EventEnd date.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi, Nana.

I'm not sure where you left this but I had similar problems. I created the template as a user control as described elsewhere on the site. I had trouble when the end date was empty, and couldn't get the code to recognize it as null. If you think this might be similar, go here for the workaround:
http://www.telerik.com/account/support-tickets/view-ticket.aspx?threadid=467622

Dan

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Boyan,
Thanks for response. I am a development server so cannot provide you that information. I dont know why I am facing this problem.

Hello Dan,

Thanks for the response. For some reason, i cannot get to the thread. Can you please resend link?

Thanks

Nana

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2011 00:00

Nana,

Here was my user control that worked for me from that thread.

Dan

<%

@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="EventsCustom1.ascx.cs"

Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.Templates.EventsCustom1" %>

<%

@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>

<%

@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Comments" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>

<%

@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>

<%

@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit"

Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>

<%

@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>

<

script runat="server">

protected void Events_OnItemDataBound(object sender, RadListViewItemEventArgs e)

if (e.Item is RadListViewDataItem)

RadListViewDataItem item = e.Item as RadListViewDataItem;

Label lblDates = e.Item.FindControl("lblDates") as Label;

DateTime eventStart = (item.DataItem as Telerik.Sitefinity.Events.Model.Event).EventStart.ToLocalTime();

DateTime eventEnd = DateTime.Today;

Boolean endDateEntered = false;

try

eventEnd = (

DateTime)(item.DataItem as Telerik.Sitefinity.Events.Model.Event).EventEnd;

eventEnd = eventEnd.ToLocalTime();

endDateEntered =

true;

catch (Exception ex) endDateEntered = false ;

if (!endDateEntered)

if (eventStart.ToString("h:mmtt") == "12:00AM") lblDates.Text += eventStart.ToString("dddd, MMM dd yyyy");

else lblDates.Text += eventStart.ToString("dddd, MMM dd yyyy h:mmtt");

else

if (eventStart.Date == eventEnd.Date)

if (eventStart.TimeOfDay == eventEnd.TimeOfDay)

lblDates.Text += eventStart.ToString(

"dddd, MMM dd yyyy h:mmtt");

else

lblDates.Text += eventStart.ToString(

"dddd, MMM dd yyyy h:mmtt") + " to " + eventEnd.ToString("h:mmtt");

else

if (eventStart.ToString("h:mmtt") == "12:00AM") lblDates.Text += eventStart.ToString("dddd, MMM dd yyyy");

else lblDates.Text += eventStart.ToString("dddd, MMM dd yyyy h:mmtt");

lblDates.Text +=

" to ";

if (eventEnd.ToString("h:mmtt") == "12:00AM") lblDates.Text += eventEnd.ToString("dddd, MMM dd yyyy");

else lblDates.Text += eventEnd.ToString("dddd, MMM dd yyyy h:mmtt");

</

script>

<

telerik:RadListView ID="eventsList" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemsContainer" runat="server"

EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false" OnItemDataBound="Events_OnItemDataBound">

<LayoutTemplate>

<sf:contentbrowseandedittoolbar id="MainBrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" mode="Add"></sf:contentbrowseandedittoolbar>

<ul class="sfeventsList sfeventsListTitleCityDate">

<asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" />

</ul>

</LayoutTemplate>

<ItemTemplate>

<li class="sfeventListItem">

<h2 class="sfeventTitle">

<sf:detailsviewhyperlink id="DetailsViewHyperLink1" textdatafield="Title" tooltipdatafield="Description"

runat="server" />

</h2>

<div class="sfeventMetaInfo">

<asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblDates" CssClass="sfeventDateTime"></asp:Label><br />

<sf:commentsbox id="itemCommentsLink" runat="server" cssclass="sfeventCommentsCount" />

</div>

<!-- <sf:contentbrowseandedittoolbar id="BrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" mode="Edit,Delete,Unpublish"></sf:contentbrowseandedittoolbar> -->

</li>

</ItemTemplate>

</

telerik:RadListView>

<

sf:pager id="pager" runat="server"></sf:pager>

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello,

Is there a way to display just the times of an event using the templates of the the events widget?
For example:  I just want 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM to show up for an event.

Thanks,

Steph

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Stephanie,

Sure, you can modify the default template and specify the format which will be taken into account when representing the events dates, for example:

<sf:FieldListView ID="EventStart" runat="server" Format="EventStart.ToLocal(): hh:mm tt"/>
<sf:FieldListView ID="EventEnd" runat="server" Format="EventEnd.ToLocal(): '\-' hh:mm tt"/>
Please not that for events with just EventStart specified it will display just that time. I'm pasting below the complete template:
<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="DetailsViewCustom.ascx.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.DetailsViewCustom" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>   

<telerik:RadListView ID="SingleItemContainer" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemContainer" AllowPaging="False" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
    <LayoutTemplate>
        <div class="sfeventDetails">
            <div class="sfeventLinksWrp">
                <sf:MasterViewHyperLink ID="MasterViewHyperLink1" class="sfeventBack" Text="<%$ Resources:EventsResources, AllEvents %>" runat="server" />
            </div>
            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemContainer" runat="server" />
        </div>
    </LayoutTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <h1 class="sfeventTitle">
            <asp:Literal ID="Literal1" Text='<%# Eval("Title") %>' runat="server" />
        </h1>
        <sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="BrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Edit,Delete,Unpublish"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar>
        <ul class="sfeventDatesLocationContacts">
          <sf:FieldListView ID="EventStart" runat="server" Format="EventStart.ToLocal(): hh:mm tt"/>
          <sf:FieldListView ID="EventEnd" runat="server" Format="EventEnd.ToLocal(): '\-' hh:mm tt"/>

<sf:FieldListView ID="Location" runat="server"
                Text="<%$ Resources:EventsResources, Where %>" Properties="City, State, Country"
                WrapperTagName="li"
            />
            <sf:FieldListView ID="Street" runat="server"
                Text="<%$ Resources:EventsResources, Address %>" Properties="Street"
                WrapperTagName="li"
            />
            <sf:FieldListView ID="ContactName" runat="server"
                Text="<%$ Resources:EventsResources, ContactName %>" Properties="ContactName"
                WrapperTagName="li"
            />
            <sf:FieldListView ID="ContactEmail" runat="server"
                Text="<%$ Resources:EventsResources, ContactEmail %>" Properties="ContactEmail"
                WrapperTagName="li"
            />
            <sf:FieldListView ID="Web" runat="server"
                Text="<%$ Resources:EventsResources, WebSite %>" Properties="ContactWeb"
                WrapperTagName="li"
            />
            <sf:FieldListView ID="Phone" runat="server"
                Text="<%$ Resources:EventsResources, ContactPhone %>" Properties="ContactPhone, ContactCell"
                WrapperTagName="li"
            />
        </ul>
        <%--<div class="sfgcAuthor">
            <asp:Literal ID="Literal2" Text="<%$ Resources:Labels, By %>" runat="server" />
            <sf:PersonProfileView runat="server" /> | <asp:Literal ID="Literal3" Text='<%# Eval("PublicationDate", "0:dd MMM, yyyy") %>' runat="server" />
        </div>--%>
        <div class="sfeventContent">
            <asp:Literal ID="Literal4" Text='<%# Eval("Content") %>' runat="server" />
        </div>
        <sf:ContentView
             id="commentsListView"
             ControlDefinitionName="EventsCommentsFrontend"
             DetailViewName="CommentsMasterView"
             ContentViewDisplayMode="Master"
             runat="server" />
        <sf:ContentView
             id="commentsDetailsView"
             ControlDefinitionName="EventsCommentsFrontend"
             DetailViewName="CommentsDetailsView"
             ContentViewDisplayMode="Detail"
             runat="server" />
    </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2014 00:00

For whatever reason I wasn't able to get Dan's solution working on 6.x, and the logic to evaluate all-day events is overkill given the new option to explicitly set an event all-day. In case this helps anyone, here's the extension method I used:

using System;
using System.Web.UI;

namespace SitefinityWebApp.widgets.helpers
    public static class CommonTemplateExtensions

public static string GetEventDateText(this IDataItemContainer container, string propertyName)

var output = String.Empty;

try

var dataItem = container.DataItem as Telerik.Sitefinity.Events.Model.Event;

if (dataItem != null)

if (dataItem.AllDayEvent)

output = dataItem.EventStart.ToString("ddd, MMM dd, yyyy");

if (dataItem.EventEnd.HasValue && dataItem.EventEnd.Value.Date != dataItem.EventStart.Date)

// This is a multi-day event
                            output += " to " + dataItem.EventEnd.Value.ToString("ddd, MMM dd, yyyy");

else

output = dataItem.EventStart.ToString("ddd, MMM dd, yyyy, h:mmtt");

if (dataItem.EventEnd.HasValue && dataItem.EventEnd.Value.Date != dataItem.EventStart.Date)

// This is a multi-day event
                            output += " to " + dataItem.EventEnd.Value.ToString("ddd, MMM dd, yyyy, h:mmtt");

catch (Exception ex)

output = "N/A";

return output;

If you want flexibility on format, you can modify to include arguments as needed. To use it, be sure to include the namespace for the class, then place this line in your item template for the event:

<%# Container.GetEventDateText("") %>

Hope this helps.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi 

I upgraded my application to v7.3 but I am getting error somewhere else. When I visit any page that has Sitefinity Event Calendar on it is throwing an errorTelerik.Web.UI. RadWindowManager with ID= ‘RadWindowManager‘was unable to find embedded skin with name Sitefinity. Please, make sure that you spelled the skin name correctly, or if you want to use a custom skin, set EnableEmbeddedSkins=false.To solve this I have added EnableEmbeddedSkins=”false”  to<telerik:RadWindowManager id="radWindowManager" runat="server" Modal="True" Skin="Sitefinity">Line and it worked on development machine, staging server but giving error on production server as belowCannot create an object of type ‘System.Boolean’ from its string representation “false” for “EnableEmbeddedSkins” property.I am not able to work around this. Please suggest a solution.

Please reply me as soon as possible 

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2015 00:00

Hello Vakeel,

We have already answered you in another forum thread:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/designing-styling/upgraded-to-7-1---need-help-styling-vertical-menus#6zQTLmDAAkCvFalkmck7Zg

Regards,
Angel Moret
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed