Sitefinity filtering fully qualified background-image urls?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 23:03

Sitefinity filtering fully qualified background-image urls?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

In my CSS, I'm using fully qualified domain names for the background-image setting. Our images are hosted on their own subdomain separate from the domain that Sitefinity is running on. For example, if our primary domain is:

http://www.ourdomain.com

The css is:

div .main background-image: url('http://www.ourseconddomain.com/images/pixel.png');

I have a div like:

<div class="main"><!--content here--></div>

If I view the applied CSS, it says:

div .main

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

I've tested the scenario and everything seems to work as expected. Is there something specific that we've missed? Or can you provide us the real addresses so we can inspect the code there?

Best wishes,
Jordan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Dear Eric

This might be a dumb question. I assume you have tested it with acutally some content in the DIV

If I remember correct FF will even ignor some min-height or width settings if you have not at least an &nbsp; in it.

Sorry for asking such a basic question.

Can you make a demo page where we can look? Firebug in Firefox is always a great help.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

I am not sure if is something related to the sizes. Eric said that the CSS request returns div .main - an empty value.

We will check this right away when we can access the demo page.

All the best,
Jordan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed