HTML 5 DocType

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:13

HTML 5 DocType

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Can I change the doctype of any of the built in page templages under Design > Page Templates, without making my own master page?

Currently they are

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

I want it to be
<!DOCTYPE HTML>

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hi Kristian,

Doctype can not be changed trough the UI in the backnd and we are working to provide this important functionality as soon as possible. The other way is to do it programatically as described in this forum.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Stanislav ,
Can we still not change the doctype through the backend?  Do we need to create a custom master page to do this? I'm also wanting to use HTML5 elements like <nav><header><footer> instead of using <div> for everything.  So I'm thinking I need to use a master page to accomplish this, am I correct?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Stanislav ,
Can we still not change the doctype through the backend?  Do we need to create a custom master page to do this? I'm also wanting to use HTML5 elements like <nav><header><footer> instead of using <div> for everything.  So I'm thinking I need to use a master page to accomplish this, am I correct?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2012 00:00

Hey Matt,

Currently (v5.0.2860) there's no 'switching' option. There's a PITS issue which could use your vote (http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/details/Issue=5913)

So unless you come up with a clever hack to by-pass the embedded template that gets pulled out of Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.dll you'll have to use a custom Masterpage.

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2014 00:00

DOCTYPEs are required for legacy reasons. As per HTML standards, each HTML document requires a document type declaration (DTD). Moreover HTML5 is not based on SGML, uses the DOCTYPE only for mode selection. Fine here more about different doctypes...<a href="www.corelangs.com/.../doctype.html">HTML5 Doctype</a>

crony 

This thread is closed