Link problem with custom theme/masterpage

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:34

Link problem with custom theme/masterpage

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello,

I am trying to incorporated a custom theme/masterpage into my website but something stupid happens when I create the theme directory and show my custom theme.  The directory that my theme is following the design specs that are located in the designers guide.

I have 2 issues that I believe are linked.

First issue: When I look at my index page (which uses my custom theme) I am seeing the 'href' address next to each anchor tag: (even on my navigation that is using images)

Really strange, and I have absolutely no idea why they are being shown this way.

Second issue: I can't seem to get my custom javascript files embedded in the master page.  When I set up the master page, the CSS files just got added automatically, but the JavaScript files aren't being added automatically.  When I try to use <sf:JavaScriptEmbedControl ...> I get an error message stating that the file location is forbidden.  To get around that issue, I moved my javascript into it's own directory under the root folder and now they work.

I have a fairly complex master page and I am trying to work out issues so that I can use Sitefinity the way that it was designed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tim

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Rushman,

I have never heard of a problem like the first one. Does the problem exist if you use the default theme and template? Do you use the default Navigation widget in one of the default modes or you have a custom navigation? How have you configured the widget? If you use the default Navigation widget and you have not set a custom template or applied any other customizations, can you send your entire project because I we have no idea at the moment how to reproduce this behavior.

As for the second problem, if the js file is in App_Data you should skip App_Data when referring it like shown below.

<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" %>
 <%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<head id="Head1" runat="server">

<title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
<sf:ResourceLinks id="resourcesLinks2" runat="server" >
  <sf:ResourceFile Name="~/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/MyTemplate/myscript.js" />
</sf:ResourceLinks>
        <div id="Header">
            <asp:contentplaceholder id="Header" runat="server" />
        </div>
        <div id="Content">
            <asp:contentplaceholder id="Content" runat="server" />
        </div>
        <div id="Footer">
            <asp:contentplaceholder id="Footer" runat="server" />
        </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

Regards,
Katia
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Katia,

Thank you for your response, and I am sorry that it has been so long for my response.  The issue that I ran into was resolved by me being overworked and not paying attention to my code.  The problem happened because I was using a CSS file that should have been only used when the mode was printing and it was being loaded every time.  Removing that CSS file fixed this issue.

Thank you,

Tim

This thread is closed