Login widget template

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:10

Login widget template

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to create a template for the login control. I've got the default template from the SDK. I just added some text to test if the custom template gets loaded. Unfortunately I can't get it to work. I've copied the template from the SDK to a Templates directory in the root of my website. I've added a login control from the toolbox to the page. I've set the LayoutTemplatePath property to ~/Templates/LoginControl.ascx.
I'm obviously missing something here. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks...

Bart

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello El Barto,

Can you try restarting the application, and let us know if the problems still persist? If you're still experiencing problems  you'll need to map the template for LoginForm and LoginControl in the backend by going to Administration->Settings->Advanced->Controls>ViewMap->Create new and fill in the fields accordingly(all without the quotes):
HostType: Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.LoginControl
LayoutTemplatePath: "relative path to your custom LoginControl.ascx "
I've also attached a screenshot for your reference. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Boyan,

I already tried restarting the site serveral times, but to no avail. Creating a new viewmap worked though. So thanks for the tip. It's even a better solution in my case as I don't have to set the template on each control in the solution.
Thanks.

This thread is closed