How to use RAD Menu or panel Bar in sitefinty 4.1

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 11:37

How to use RAD Menu or panel Bar in sitefinty 4.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2011 00:00

can anyone please tell me the tutorial of adding Ajax Rad Menu in sitefinty 4.0 .

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi mumtaz,

Can you, please, specify if you want to use the drag-and-drop controls included in the Sitefinity widget toolbox, or you want to build a user control using these RadControls and drop it on a Sitefinity page? If it's the first case, you can simply drag the control (RadPanelBar, RadMenu etc) from the RadControls section of the toolbox (might need to go to Administration->Setiings->Advanced->Toolboxes and enable the RadControls section,a s it's disabled by default). Then you can drop a SiteMapDataSource control on the page from the Data section of the toolbox. Setup the SiteMapDataSource according to your needs and copy its ID. Paste the ID in the RadMenu/RadPanelBar's DataSourceID property and publish the page - you're all set, the combination should work.
If you want to use the controls programatically, on the other hand, you might want to check this forum thread which contains a discussion and code samples on the topic.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2011 00:00

That was really helpful . Can I have detailed info on the first option please. second option will also help me in future . As I am a beginner. 

Thanks a lot 
mumtaz 

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello mumtaz,

Of course, no problem on that - please take a look at the sample video I've recorded which shows how you can implement this functionality for RadPanelBar and RadMenu feeding them with data from SiteMapDataSource. I hope you find this information useful, if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jun-2011 00:00

thanks a lot for your precious time , 
I have another problem. When I am trying to save datasource ID in Panel bar . I saves it , but next time when I go back into the edit option , datasource id will be black . Is there anything else apart from this I need to enable . can you please help me with this.
thanks again

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello mumtaz,

That's a really strange behavior, can you make sure you're filling in the right property (DataSourceID) with the ID of SiteMapDataSource, as there shouldn't be any problems persisting the settings in the widget. Can you try this on a different page and let me know if the behavior is the same. No additional actions or settings need to be performed apart form the ones shown on the sample video I've attached, please do not hesitate to contact me again if the problems still persist, and maybe provide a screenshot of the two widget's settings so i can advise you better.

P.S. One thing you might want to try is to give SiteMapDataSource a different ID - simply changed the value in the ID property to "SiteMapDataSource1" for example, and then fill this same value in the PanelBar DataSourceId property.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

Thank a lot .. Thats worked when I changed the datasourceid .
But How do I changed the staticdata level so that I can remove Pages Node from the top...

Thanks Mate ..

Hello mumtaz,

If you're talking about the "Pages" parent node displayed at the root of the PanelBar navigation, there is a property in the SiteMapDataSource control called "ShowStartingNode", please set that to "False", and you should receive the desired results.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Hi Boyan,
I am really pleased with the fabulous help you have provided me .. I am a basic starter, Can you please recommend a certification or institution or any learning material in UK where I can learn sitefinity fully .

Thanks
Mumtaz 

Hi mumtaz,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback. I believe you will find our partner's (Falafel Software) book Sitefinity Nuts and Bolts very useful, here is a link to the resource : Sitefinity 4 Nuts and Bolts. As our certified partner Falafel Software are also offering Sitefinity certification, you might want to take a look at their offerings as well. Wish you all the best using our product, if there are any questions, our support channels are always open, please do not hesitate to contact us again. It was a pleasure for me to help you.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed