Custom Fields display

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:55

Custom Fields display

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,
Looking for a solution to the following.   on my events widget, I want a custom field to appear as such when there is a value..

Cost: $45

Essentially the mark up would be, <li><strong>Cost:</strong>$45</li>

I don't want it to display anything when the field is left blank.

Please help!

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Amanda,

You can create a custom FieldControl and check if there is not value set, hide all controls from the template by setting Visible =False or using client component to do this. In this thread I shows how to create a custom field control.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,
Thank you very much for providing this solution. At this point, this would require a large time investment that wouldn't be worth it for us. I may look into trying to implement this in the future.

It would be nice if we could use our custom fields with sf:FieldListView in templates just like the (for example with events) Title, Event dates, location, street, etc. work. This way those who are not as adept at programming could have an easy way to add custom items with precise formatting to their templates. Could you add this to the list of suggested improvements (if its possible) to the Sitefinity team?

Thank you again.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Amanda,

There are several requests like this behavior, so I created a PITS for it.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2011 00:00

Thank you, Ivan. It is much appreciated!

This thread is closed